• The Advertising Club of Buffalo and the WNY Chapter of the American Society of Media Photographers, AdLab panel discussion, 5:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Topic: Budgeting for Photography: What You Need to Know; $5 students; $10 Advertising Club of Buffalo members; $25 nonmembers when making reservations www.advertisingclubofbuffalo.com.
• Niagara Frontier Chapter, New York State Women, Installation of officers and dinner meeting, 6 p.m. Pane’s Restaurant, 984 Payne Ave,, North Tonawanda. Cost $19. Required reservation, 695-9272.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp. board of directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St. Reservations, email@example.com or 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• The Upstate Venture Association of New York and Phillips Lytle, panel presentation focusing on cross-border investment, commercialization initiatives and impact, and opportunities on both sides of the U.S.-Canadian border, 5:30-8 p.m., Z80 Labs, 1 News Plaza, (Washington and Scott Sts.). Registration information, Margie Ticknor, Upstate Venture Association of New York, 518-320-2746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Olive Tree Restaurant, 5240 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Info: 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Program: Campaign Reform, presented by former Congressman Mike Arcuri. 854-3397.
• The Binational Alliance, The Global Gateway Exports & Financing Series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate Winery, 2145 Niagara Stone Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON. Program: Session Four: Customs & Commercial Issues for Manufacturers – Exporting to U.S. or Canada. Cost: No charge Binational Alliance members; $35 credit card prepayment required nonmembers. Reservations, Nick Giangreco, 856-6525 Ext. 157 or Nick.Giangreco@BTAPartners.com.
Seminars and classes
• ReNew Erie County, free energy seminar for business, not-for-profit and multifamily, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., SUNY Buffalo State, Campbell Student Union, Room 302, 1300 Elmwood Ave. Registration, 866-495-2959 or www.RenewErie County.org. Walk-ins welcome up to 100 attendees.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or email@example.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, monthly dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Dinner 6:30 p.m. Speaker: Tom Dee, president, Erie Canal Harbor Cost: $25 member; $30 guest and late fee. Reservations: RSVP w/ check payable to “BNTP” to Justin Zarnoch, BNTP, P.O. Box 333, East Aurora, NY 14052.
• The Emerging Business Leaders young professionals group, Food for Thought, noon-1:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Guest: Marnie LaVigne, associate vice president for economic development, University at Buffalo. Cost: $20 Chamber members; $40 nonmembers. Information or reservations, 632-6905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Genesee County Economic Development Center, public information session, 7-9 p.m., MedTech Center Building, across from Genesee Community College, Room 214. Residents will learn more about how the GCEDC fosters economic development in Genesee County. Reservations, Rachael Tabelski, 585-343-4866 Ext. 12 or email email@example.com.
• Nickel City Networkers Meeting, 7:30 a.m., Holiday Showcase Restaurant, Union Road, Depew. www.nickelcitynetworking.com.
•Partnership 101, 8-10 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 665 Main St., Suite 200. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/homelinks/events or 541-1770.
• NAWBO Buffalo Niagara, 2012/2013 Women in Leadership, noon, Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Cost $25 person. Registration www.nawbowny.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals, dinner and networking meeting, 5:15 p.m., Salvatores Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Information and reservations, 874-1006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Hiring Our Heroes-Buffalo, Job Fair, 1-4 p.m., Connecticut Street National Guard Armory, 184 Connecticut St. Registration, hoh.greatjob.net. Walk-ins welcome. Veterans must provide proof of service.