• Buffalo Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives, the Customer Loyalty Advantage, 5:15 p.m., cocktails and networking; 6:15 p.m., dinner; Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Cost: $40 nonmembers; $15 students; free members. Registration: 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• The Rotary Club of Amherst East, Golf Classic 2013, to benefit Rotary projects and the American Cancer Society, 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 North Forest Road, Williamsville. Cost: $150. Information, Gabe Maddalena/president, 688-6114, Ext. 1820.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corporation, Real Estate Committee, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St., followed by the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corporation. Confirmations, 362-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Northtowns Chapter 439, NARFE, National Active and Retired Federal Employees, 1:30 p.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road., Amherst. Information, 694-3073.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, “PR in the Age of Disruption,” 8-9 a.m., University at Buffalo, Crofts Hall, Room 324, UB North Campus. Registration, 7:45 a.m. Continental breakfast provided. Registration, www.prsabuffaloniagara.org or 879-0942.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, monthly networking event, 5-7 p.m., Salon Da’Voe, 5759 Main St., Williamsville. Free, Chamber members and first-time nonmember guests. Information or reservation www.amherst.org or call 632-6905.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
•The NYS Public Service Commission and the NYS Energy Research and Development Authority, Low-Income Forum on Energy series, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Erie Community College, 4041 Southwestern Blvd., Building 5, Orchard Park. For frontline workers, advocates and policy makers. Registration fee $45, includes all conference materials, lunch and breaks. Registration www.lifenynews.org or 1-877-NYSMART, option 5.
• “How Landlords Can Avoid Liability Lawsuits,” presented by Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, and “How to Reduce Your Multifamily Investment Property Insurance Costs,” presented by John D. Kary II, Wolf Agency, Buffalo Investors & Exchangors Group, 7 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Free and open to the public. Reservations, 675-1500.
• Western New York Venture Association, WNYVA, company presentation forum, 7:30-9 a.m., Buffalo Club, 388 Delaware Ave. Registration wnyventure5222013.eventbrite.com; Information Jack McGowan or Andrea Mayer, Insyte Consulting 636-3626.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m. today and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking–City meeting, 8:15-9:30 a.m., Canisius College, Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St. Topic: “Making Direct Mail Work For You” and “Top 10 Reasons Your Company Needs An Employment Lawyer.” Reservations email@example.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Annual Memorial Day program. Reservations 854-4034 or www.buffalokiwanisclub.com.
Seminars and classes
• Small Business Administration, Human Resources 101 Workshop, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Iron Kettle Restaurant, 1009 Olean Road, East Aurora. Cost $5, includes continental breakfast. Information and reservations, Kelly LoTempio, U.S. Small Business Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Ken-Ton Chamber, Sales and Marketing Bootcamp, 4-7 p.m., Colvin Wood Commerce Park, 200 Colvin Woods Parkway, Tonawanda. First 25 registrants are free; $10 per attendee. Light refreshments. Reservations 874-1202 or www.ken-ton.org.
• The Leadership Management Council, Medaille College, free Leadership Development Lecture Series, 7:30-9:30 a.m., Medaille’s Amherst Campus, Multi-purpose Room, 30 Wilson Road, Williamsville. Topic: “Strategic Planning: Concise Strategy Can Position a Firm to Maintain a Sustained Advantage Over Competitors.” Information, http://www.medaille.edu/LMCSeries.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Program: Erie County Comptroller, Stefan Mychajliw. 854-3397.
• Niagara Frontier American Society for Training & Development, “NYS Department of Labor: Overview of Programs and Services” 7:30-9:30 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Cost: $20, members; $30, nonmembers. Registration http://astdniagara.org.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Niagara Frontier Chapter, New York State Women, Installation of officers and dinner meeting, 6 p.m. Pane’s Restaurant, 984 Payne Ave,, North Tonawanda. Cost, $19. Required reservation, 695-9272.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp. board of directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St. Reservations, email@example.com or 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• The Upstate Venture Association of New York and Phillips Lytle, panel presentation focusing on cross-border investment, commercialization initiatives and impact, and opportunities on both sides of the U.S.-Canadian border, 5:30-8 p.m., Z80 Labs, 1 News Plaza, (Washington and Scott Sts.). Registration information, Margie Ticknor, Upstate Venture Association of New York, 518-320-2746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.