Two candidates are running for the West District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education. The West District encompasses the West Side, Black Rock and Riverside neighborhoods and is home to a large Hispanic and immigrant population. This year’s race pits incumbent Ralph Hernandez, who is running as a write-in candidate, against challenger James Sampson in Tuesday’s election. In 2010, Hernandez won this seat by only 28 votes out of 829 ballots cast in a two-way race.
West District: Write-in votes to tell the tale on Tuesday
- 329 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 185 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 116 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 92 Letter: Democrats, not GOP, are hostile to women
- 73 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals