• Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Reservations, email@example.com or 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• West Seneca Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Tony Romes, 1537 Union Road, West Seneca. Information 674-1869.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Business Leaders, Coffee Connections event, 8-9 a.m., Corner Bakery Cafe, 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Is Simplexity Thinking a Way of Life in Your Company?” presented by Tom Ulbrich, executive director, University at Buffalo’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. Registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the National Association of Purchasing Management, NAPM, educational dinner meeting, 5 p.m., Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave., Blasdell. Dinner 6 p.m. Program; “High Performance Organizations & HR Best Practices.” Cost: $25, members; $30, guests; $15, full time student. Information and registration, 648-0972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking–South meeting, 8:15-9:30 a.m., Colonial Wine & Spirits, 3211 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park. Topic: “A Bling Thing For Spring-Learn to Layer.” Reservations email@example.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Business Leaders, young professionals group, Food for Thought, noon-1:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Guest: Laura Zaepfel, vice president of corporate relations, Uniland Development Company. Cost: $20, Chamber members; $40, nonmembers, lunch provided. Information or reservations, 632-6905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Reservations, 854-4034 or www.buffalokiwanisclub.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, networking and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green at Westwood Country Club, 772 North Forest Road., Williamsville. Cost: $30, member; $35, guest. Registration www.nawbowny.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Niagara County Industrial Development Agency, The Niagara County Center for Economic Development, Chamber of Commerce of the Tonawandas, Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce, Niagara USA Chamber, Town of Niagara IDA and Town of Lockport IDA, free series of business workshops, 9:30-11 a.m., Wilson Town Hall, 375 Lake St., Wilson. Information or registration, 278-8760.
• The Association for Operations Management, APICS-Buffalo, Top Management Night meeting, 5 p.m., Samuel’s Grande Manor, 8750 Main St., Clarence. Dinner 6 p.m., followed by the program. Costs: $40, members and guests; $30, fulltime student. Information and registration, www.apics-buffalo.com or 648-0972.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Buffalo Urban Development Corporation, presented by Peter Cammarata and David Stebbins. 854-3397.
• QuaDPharma, a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm in Clarence, networking and informational lecture and facility tour, 4-6 p.m., 11342 Main St., Clarence. Information, Pascal Soares 903-7441 or email@example.com.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
• Thomas R. Beecher Innovation Center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Open House, 4-7 p.m. 640 Ellicott St. Free drinks, food & prizes. Complimentary valet parking available, or self-park in the lot directly across the street. Reservations, 854-2662 or www.bnmc.org/ICOpenHouse.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Prose of Speech Toastmasters Club, Open House, 6:15 p.m., Room 212, Medaille College, Amherst Campus, 30 Wilson Ave., Williamsville. Information 903-1597.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce NetWorks!, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TGIFriday’s, 1746 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Reservations 684-5838.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Niagara Sales And Marketing Executives Luncheon Seminar, noon-1:15 p.m., Millennium Hotel, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Registration and buffet lunch, 11:30 a.m. Topic: Ignite Your Imagination. Cost: $25, nonmembers; $15, members and students. Registration: 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.