• The Western New York Paralegal Association, general membership meeting, noon, Phillips Lytle, 3400 HSBC Center, Buffalo. Topic: Wright-on-the-Road: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Graycliff Estate. Lunch provided. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org; information www.wnyparalegals.org.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Why Agile has Become Mainstream!” Earn 1.5 PDUs. Information www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Scramble Networking Series, 8-10 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Marriott, 1340 Millersport Hwy., Amherst. Tickets: $25 member; $50 nonmember; $60 for the series. Registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corporation joint meeting of the Finance and Audit Committee and Governance Committee, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136 or email@example.com.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Homewood Suites, 1138 Millersport Highway, Amherst. Free, chamber members. Information or reservation www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, Spring Professional Development Day workshop, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Command Course in Agile Project Management,” hands-on training in how to apply Agile in many project situations. Earn 12 PDUs. Information www.pmibuffalo.org.
• The Western New York Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, monthly lunch meeting, 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Sonoma Grille, 5010 Main St., Snyder. Cost: Free, chapter members; $25, nonmembers. Reservations required 688-3096 or www.fpawny.org.
• National Association of Purchasing Management-Buffalo “Supply Management Month” Executive Night educational dinner meeting, networking reception and vendor fair, 4:30 p.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Dinner, 6 p.m. Cost: $25, members; $30, guests; $15, fulltime students. Information 648-0972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• Nickel City Networkers Meeting, 7:30 a.m., Holiday Showcase Restaurant, Union Road, Depew. Information www.nickelcitynetworking.com.
• Buffalo Tip Club, Greater Buffalo Business Networking Event, 7:30-9 a.m., North Forest Office Space, Stonegate Office Park, 203 Main St., Suites 1 & 2, Williamsville. Registration buffalo-tipclub-march2013.eventbrite.com.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• IIAWNY meeting, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Program: “Trusted Choice & CAP-What are they? How can they make your agency more profitable?” and Company Panel on the Importance of Social Media Within the Agency. Cost $15, person. Information www.wnyagent.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking-Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Pkwy., Amherst. Topic: “Real Estate–Real Simple!” Reservations email@example.com.
• Buffalo Urban Development Downtown Committee meeting, noon, 901 City Hall, 65 Niagara Square, Buffalo. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BN360: Social Media Mixer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Saturn Club, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar.
• Binational Alliance 2013 Enterprising Women Series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Hotel @The Lafayette Greenhouse Room, 2nd Floor, 391 Washington St., Buffalo. Cost: Free, Binational Alliance Members; $35 credit card payment, nonmembers. Reservations 856-6525, Ext.157 or Nick.Giangreco@BTAPartners.com.
Seminars and classes
• Insyte Consulting, WNY Solutions Fair, “Speed Dating” with NYS Technology Experts to Help Local Manufacturers Accelerate Growth and Profitability, 8 a.m.-noon, Larkin at Exchange, Barton Room, 6th Floor, 726 Exchange St., Buffalo. Free. Registration www.insyte-consulting.com/solutions-fair or 636-3626.
• “Fourteen Ways to Preserve Your Assets with the Medicaid Laws” 5:30 p.m., Lockport Holiday Inn, 515 S. Transit Road, Lockport. Speakers: Robert Friedman, Esq., Friedman & Ranzenhofer and Jeff Vastola, M&T Securities. Free. Information WNY-Lawyers.com; registration 542-5444.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, At-Home Business “U” program, Marketing 102 workshop, 6-7:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Information or reservations, 632-6905 or www.amherst.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the Project Management Institute, Breakfast Roundtable, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Bob Evans Restaurant, 925 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Topic: Leveraging Lessons Learned–Experience, Best Practices, Novel Approaches. Beverages and breads provided by PMI. Information, 866-2842, email@example.com.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• The Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Manufacturers Council Tour, 8:30-10 a.m., Buffalo Games, 220 James E. Casey Dr., Buffalo. Registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Membership Luncheon, noon, Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Speaker: Matthew K. Enstice, President and CEO, Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Cost: $20, Chamber members; $25, nonmembers. Reservations, call 684-5838.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 11:30 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Annual Trade Show. 854-3397.
• Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce Spotlight on Business Trade Show and Business Expo, 3-7 p.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Information 681-9755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Canisius College Center for Professional Development and Kelly Services, “HR Breakfast Briefings” 8-9 a.m., Center for Professional Development, 300 Corporate Parkway, Amherst. Continental breakfast provided. Free, required pre-registration, 888-8490 or canisius.edu/cpd.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, 2013 Spotlight on Business Tradeshow & Expo, 3-7 p.m.,
Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Free tickets 684-5838.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Leaders, young professionals group, monthly ProMix, professional mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m., The Fox Valley Club, 161 Genesee St., Lancaster. Topic: Business etiquette for the golf course. Free, members; $15, nonmembers. Registration: www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• The Northeast Kidney Foundation, professional education program for nephrology professionals, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Erie County Medical Center, 462 Grider St., Buffalo. Topic: “Shades of Kidney Disease: Evidence Based Approaches.” Eligible for 4.0 Continuing Nursing Education contact hours. Cost, $25; $10, student. Registration, 512-7918 or email@example.com.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency meeting of the members, 9 a.m., ECIDA Offices, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo followed by Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corporation board of directors meeting, followed by Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. meeting of the directors. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext 136.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, breakfast meeting, 8-9 a.m., Univera Healthcare, 205 Park Club Lane, Williamsville. Registration, 7:45 a.m. Topic: “The Rewards and Challenges of Being an Independent PR Practitioner.” Breakfast buffet provided. Registration: Free students; $25 members and $45 nonmembers. Registration, www.prsabuffaloniagara.org or 879-0942.
•Buffalo Urban Development Corp., directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• West Seneca Chamber of Commerce Seminar Series, U.S. Small Business Administration, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Southgate Plaza Meeting Room, 950A Union Road, Second Floor Plaza Office Complex, West Seneca. Topic: Resources Available to Help Your Business. Cost $5, person includes lunch and literature. Reservations, 674-4900.