No. 1 seed Niagara (21-8-5) will begin its best-of-three series against No. 8 RIT (15-16-5) at 7:05 p.m. on Friday at Dwyer Arena in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Hockey Playoffs. The same night, No. 7 Canisius (15-18-5) will travel to face No. 1 Air Force (17-11-7) in Colorado Springs, Colo. for the opener of their series at 9:05 p.m. Games Two and Games Three (if necessary) will be Saturday and Sunday. Niagara and Air Force will be the home team for all three games in each series. In the other quarterfinal matchups No. 5 Robert Morris (20-12-4) will play at No. 4 Connecticut (17-13-4) and No. 6 Mercyhurst (16-15-5) will play at No. 3 Holy Cross (19-12-3) with each series starting Friday. The quarterfinal winners will move on to the final four at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester on March 22-23 with the highest remaining seed facing the lowest remaining seed in one semifinal and the other two meeting in the other semi.
Niagara hockey set to go
- 473Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 332 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 175 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 117 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance