• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Policy Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Finance and Audit Committee meeting of the Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. and Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp, 10 a.m., ECIDA offices, 143 Genesee St. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today; 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, The Emerging Business Leaders monthly Coffee Connections event, 8-9 a.m., Corner Bakery Café, 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Registration www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, NetWorks!, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Tully’s Good Times, 1449 French Road at Transit, Cheektowaga. Hors d’oeuvres and drink specials, $5. Reservations 684-5838.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara and HSBC Bank Spotlight on U.S. Trade: Upstate New York – Buffalo, 8-9:30 a.m., The Buffalo Club, 338 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Information, 852-7160.
• The University at Buffalo School of Management’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, Allstate Minority and Women Emerging Entrepreneurs Program information session, 5-6 p.m., UB Downtown Gateway, 77 Goodell St., Room 205, Buffalo. Thomas Ulbrich, executive director and Alex Cleary, program coordinator, provide an overview of the program and answer questions. Registration email email@example.com or 885-5715.
• Western New York Venture Association, WNYVA, company presentation forum, 7:30-9 a.m., Buffalo Club, 388 Delaware Ave. Free, WNYVA members. Information and nonmembers, Jack McGowan or Andrea Mayer 636-3626.
• BOMA Greater Buffalo, monthly meeting, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Chef’s Restaurant, 291 Seneca St., Buffalo. Tickets $25, BOMA Member and employee of BOMA member company; $30, nonmember. Required pre-registration 856-5700.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Waring Financial Group breakfast meeting, 8-10 a.m., Salvatore’s Italian Garden, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Speaker: Tom Stebbins. Reservations Laurie Syta, 648-2412 or email LSyta@WaringFinancialGroup.com.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking-South meeting, 8:15-9:30 a.m., Colonial Wine & Spirits, 3211 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park. Topic: “Why Granite, Marble & Soapstone Counter Tops?” Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, “Making Dreams Come True: The Development of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus,” 11:30 a.m., Armor Inn Tap Room, 5381 Abbott Road, Hamburg. Speaker: Patrick Whalen, chief operating officer, Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Cost: $20, Chamber members and guests; $25, prospective Chamber members. Information and advance registration www.hamburg-chamber.org or 649-7917.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Program: The Incredible Egg, Kreher Farms. Reservations 854-4034 or www.buffalokiwanisclub.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, Each One Reach One Women’s Mega Mixer, 5-7:00 p.m., Windows on the Green at Westwood Country Club, 772 North Forest Road, Williamsville. Cost: $40, member; $45, guest. Registration www.nawbowny.org.
Seminars and classes
• U.S. Small Business Administration, free SBA’s 8(a) BD Program: Eligibility and Application workshop, 10 a.m.-noon, Federal Building, Room B0350, 100 State St. Rochester. Reservations, Pamela Andolina, 551-4301 Ext. 301 or email@example.com.
• Niagara Frontier American Society for Training & Development, “Initiatives Addressing the Workforce Skills Gap in Western New York” 7:30-9:30 a.m., Larkin Building, Barton Room, 726 Exchange St., Buffalo. Cost $20, members; $30, nonmembers. Registration http://astdniagara.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Better Business Bureau with Warren Clark. 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• Women’s Business Center, SBA, PTAC, SBA Business Matchmaker, Awards Luncheon & Expo, orientation and education on Contracting Programs, 9 a.m.-noon, Small Business Administration District Office, 130 S. Elmwood Ave., Suite 423, Buffalo. Registration: www.canisius.edu/wbc or 888-8280.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, How to Use Social Media to Actually Get New Business, 8-10 a.m.,
Buffalo Niagara Partnership Knox Room, 665 Main St., Suite 200, Buffalo. Speaker: Seth Greene, Market Domination. Free for Partnership members. Registration www.thepartnership.org.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corporation Real Estate Committee meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo, followed by Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corporation meeting. Confirmations 362-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
•The Amherst Chamber of Commerce At-Home Business “U” program workshop, 8-9:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce at 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200 in Williamsville. Program: “How to Finance a Small Business,” presented by Paul Hoffman, specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration. Cost $30. Information or reservation 632-6905 or log on to www.amherst.org.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Economics of Smart Growth: Village Center and Urban Core Revitalization panel presentation and discussion, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Burchfield Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Free and open to the public. Required registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar.
Seminars and classes
• The Western New York Paralegal Association, general membership meeting, noon, Phillips Lytle, 3400 HSBC Center, Buffalo. Topic: Wright-on-the-Road: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Graycliff Estate. Lunch provided. Reservations email@example.com; information www.wnyparalegals.org.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Why Agile has Become Mainstream!” Earn 1.5 PDUs. For more information visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corporation joint meeting of the Finance and Audit Committee and Governance Committee, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, Spring Professional Development Day workshop, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Command Course in Agile Project Management,” hands-on training in how to apply Agile in many project situations. Earn 12.0 PDUs. For more information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.