The Character Council of Western New York will hold its fifth annual character carnival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at The Hub, 4999 McKinley Pkwy.
This free family-friendly event features character centered activities for all ages, such as crafts, games, music, prizes, activity booths and enterntainment.
Launched in 2000 in Hamburg, the mission of the Character Council of Western New York is to create a culture of character, where a priority is placed on an individual’s responsibility for his or her own disposition, words and actions; excellence in character is encouraged and praised; and universal community standards of respect, integrity and virtue are reinstated.
The town is looking for nominations for its 25th Youth Bureau service awards and recognition banquet at 6 p.m. April 25 at Michael’s Banquet Facility. The Youth Bureau will accept nominations for awards in three categories through March 28. Information and nomination forms may be obtained from the town website at www.townofhamburgny.com or by calling the Recreation Office at 646-5145.
The top award is the Michael J. Dundon Service to Youth Award that is given to the person who best exemplifies the service of the late Michael J. Dundon, a longtime executive director of the Youth Bureau. The Youth Bureau will also honor up to three individuals with the service to youth award and four people as character coaches.
Also this week:
• The Hamburg Village Board will hold a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg School Board will conduct a budget work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The town Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.