ST. CATHARINES, Ont. – A 42-year-old Welland man was arrested Thursday as the lone gunman who tried to rob a Welland bank during a noontime incident Dec. 21, Niagara Regional Police reported.Shawn Bottenfield, no address available, was taken into custody on a charge of robbery with a firearm for the incident at the Caisse Populaire bank at 59 Empire Road in Welland. He is being held pending court proceedings in St. Catharines City Court. A man police called “a brave customer” thwarted Bottenfield and forced him to flee after the gunman allegedly demanded that a teller give him money. Authorities withheld the name of the customer who halted the crime.
Suspected gunman arrested in Welland bank robbery
- 303 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 164Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 125 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 115 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice
- 106Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph