ST. CATHARINES, Ont. – A 42-year-old Welland man was arrested Thursday as the lone gunman who tried to rob a Welland bank during a noontime incident Dec. 21, Niagara Regional Police reported.Shawn Bottenfield, no address available, was taken into custody on a charge of robbery with a firearm for the incident at the Caisse Populaire bank at 59 Empire Road in Welland. He is being held pending court proceedings in St. Catharines City Court. A man police called “a brave customer” thwarted Bottenfield and forced him to flee after the gunman allegedly demanded that a teller give him money. Authorities withheld the name of the customer who halted the crime.
Suspected gunman arrested in Welland bank robbery
- 296Sheriff on SAFE Act: 'I won't enforce it' - City & Region - The Buffalo News
- 236 Hoskins seeks $2 billion in lawsuit over her horses
- 173 Food trucks will start rolling in Amherst again
- 109 Howard doesn't have the right to decide which laws he thinks should be enforced
- 104 IRS must come clean on program that targeted conservative groups