Police say they do not believe gunmen are intentionally aiming for the feet.
“Silevo is not a guaranteed success story,” said analyst Shyam Mehta. “But unlike with Solyndra, whose prospects we were skeptical of even during the best of times, there is legitimate cause for optimism in Silevo’s case.”Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Not quite, weather officials say, but next week's forecast does bear some similarities to one.
Firm eyes expansion only two months after moving into space downtown.
Fire commissioner says fire was 'very suspicious.'
Says the disputed location offers benefits to the public.
Latest Local News
- Former State Sen. Antoine Thompson files petitions to run in Democratic primary | 1 min ago
- FAA proposes new cockpit simulator standards in wake of Flight 3407 | 17 min ago
- Astorino seeks at least 8 debates with Cuomo | 24 min ago
- $173,000 for new road repairs sparks debate in Salamanca | 27 min ago
- Wales Town Board approves $3,493 share of park improvement funding | 31 min ago
- North Tonawanda woman charged in string of arsons at neighbors’ homes | 39 min ago
- State audit singles out Great Valley clerk for tax-collection practices | 55 min ago
- Altercation between two women at McDonald’s restaurant leads to arrest | 59 min ago
- Gang assaults 17-year-old on East Side
- Bogosian elected president of Silver Creek School Board View the last 24 hours of updates »
Robinson David Robinson: Silevo has more going for it than Solyndra
Esmonde Parking isn’t the way to go at Canalside
Gleason For LeBron, there’s no place like home
Kunz Goldman Zumba in the park, Formal Fridays at the bank, and the rockets’ and dietitians’ red glare
Sullivan Sabres moves, Kiko injury vex Buffalo’s greatest sports fan
Simon Miley Cyrus and other subjects of runaway gossip in the Global Village
Jewell Gee Now is the time to offer ideas for outer harbor
- Former State Sen. Antoine Thompson files petitions to run in Democratic primary
- FAA proposes new cockpit simulator standards in wake of Flight 3407
- Astorino seeks at least 8 debates with Cuomo
- $173,000 for new road repairs sparks debate in Salamanca
- Wales Town Board approves $3,493 share of park improvement funding View more »
- 305 Letter: Court made right call in Hobby Lobby ruling
- 176 Buffalo Board of Education hopes to increase seats at top-performing schools
- 158 Where should the Bills build a new stadium?
- 143 Another Voice: Congress must respond to devastating Hobby Lobby ruling
- 129 Letter: Let's hope Hillary is on her way out
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Saturday Giant
- Menopause, the Musical
- Fitz and the Tantrums
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Patti Parks Band
- "Rita's Choice: Inspring Friends,"
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Mike and Alison of Widow Maker open mic
- Karaoke with Rob D Entertainment
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- Brewery Tours at the Hotel Lafayette
- Buffalo Public Schools Teachers' Exhibition
- "Sport Series 2013-2014,"
- Installations by video artist Jason Bernagozzi
- Christina Custode
- "Not In My Back Yard,"
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
- Main Street Marketplace
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Automotive & Vehicles
- As LeBron decides, Miami and Cleveland wait
- Gunman demanded to know ex-wife's whereabouts
- Gaza dead tops 85 as Israel presses its offensive
- Border Patrol halts immigrant flights to San Diego
- Germany kicks out top US spy over espionage claims
- Girl hoped to have been cured of HIV has relapsed
- Faster deportations? A possible border crisis deal
- Kerry arrives in Afghanistan to meet candidates
- Brazil's new stadiums seek post-World Cup events
- APNewsBreak: No 'stand down' order in Benghazi