Add its voice to angry chorus from cities protesting grand jury’s decision not to indict officer.
Each of the 13 lives lost to the epic snowstorm last week deserves to be chronicled; here are their stories.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Investor pays $2.7 million for vacant downtown site.
Ex-Hamburg school chief made false report about car being vandalized.
Andre Jenkins held without bail in September slayings of Daniel Szymanski and Paul Maue.
See where Snowvember ranks when stacked up against Blizzard of '77 and more.
Latest Local News
- Common Council is asked to change name of Squaw Island | 13 min ago
- Lockport sues on fire union issues | 25 min ago
- Niagara Falls Water Board reduces rate increase | 26 min ago
- As flooding worries subside after storm, attention is turned to broken mailboxes | 27 min ago
- Falls lawmakers OK plan to fund some salaries with casino revenues | 27 min ago
- Board opens door to requests by charters for space at 4 Buffalo schools
- Schumer blasts his own party’s priorities
- Cocaine addict sentenced to 25 years for killing East Side Vietnam veteran
- State parole officer makes drug bust on East Side
- Buffalo Niagara unemployment rate remains at 6-year low of 5.7% View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers It’s been a tough week in WNY, but here are a few reasons to give thanks
Sullivan Sully: Win after week of adversity is anything but routine
Kunz Goldman Tales from the storm, weird pictures and high-pitched noises
Turner Shipping via pipeline is much safer than rail
Jewell Gee Hey, world, we’re more than weather
Christmann Do’s and Don’ts for Black Friday shoppers
Pergament Dick Greene finds that now is a good time to own Timeless WECK
- AM&A’s building sold to N.Y. City entity
- Buffalo Niagara unemployment rate remains at 6-year low of 5.7%
- Eastern Niagara Hospital is selling Newfane nursing home to New Jersey company
- Wegmans workers arrive from Rochester to help out
- ‘Frozen’ merchandise and LEGO top the toy list this season View more »
- 413 Letter: It's time to put Christ back into Christmas
- 260 Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist 'felt like I was underground, buried in a casket,'
- 237 Alden couple escapes roof collapse, laments loss of family home
- 217 Day Two: 5 dead, 60 inches of snow so far, more coming
- 207 Day 3: Eight dead, roofs now collapsing
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Carl Palmer's Elp Legacy
- Alfie Allessandra
- Karaoke by TomTom of TomTom Productions
- open mic
- World Tavern Poker
- Dustin Francis of Black Widow acoustic
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul
- Baby Bounce
- Family Storytime with Miss Emma
- Friends don't let friends date friends
- "For the Birds ... and For Those Who Enjoy Them,"
- "Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion,"
- 2014 Audubon Nature Photo Exhibit
- open mic with Ray Barry
- "Marion Faller: Inquisitive Lens,"
- Joseph Michael Mahfoud Band
- open mic TuTuTuesday
- Alternative Transmission
- open mic/jam
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- More National Guard troops roll into Ferguson
- Anger at Ferguson case based on emotion, evidence
- Obama: No excuse for violent, destructive protest
- Grand jury focused on key fatal Ferguson 'tussle'
- Official: Afghan president orders military review
- Russian envoy: Ferguson shows US racial problems
- 2 teen female bombers kill more than 40 in Nigeria
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- Cash cut to Ukraine rebel areas in risky strategy
- Thanksgiving travel woes? There's an app for that