Free safetywill be paid $27.1 million over five years.
Gun rights activists showed up at Hamburg Town Court where the two town justices voluntarily removed themselves from a case deciding whether a resident’s sign protesting the SAFE Act law can be displayed on his fence.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Wife, daughter of man he saved as a 4-year-old weep at seeing rescuer who made their family possible
Chain was started by family members involved in former Rosa Home Stores chain.
Buffalo garbage collector on disability is charged in Feb. 3 incident.
Firefighters used ladders in rescue as high as 6th floor.
Latest Local News
- Microsoft hosting party for game launch Monday night
- Poloncarz names seven to serve on stadium panel
- Boys & Girls Club issues alert on fundraising scam
- Two violation notices issued to Tonawanda Coke by DEC
- S&P upgrades credit rating for city from A to A plus
- Garden Notes: News of area clubs and events
- Harassment charge against activist Darnell Jackson dropped at DA’s request | 37 min ago
- Sabres’ Hall of Fame will induct Hasek
- Enroth stops 43 shots as Sabres whip Lightning
- TSA moves top manager out of Buffalo airport View the last 24 hours of updates »
McShea Prep Talk: This year’s shining moment was a special one
Sullivan Purple Eagles’ Mason makes his papa proud
Martin Some smart talk at Buffalo Home Show
Esmonde IBM is ideal for plan to rescue tower
Gleason Murray’s trade day intensity is refreshing
Watson The musical chairs hurt city schools
Miers How Spotify employs what you’re listening to now in order to decide what you will listen to next
- 372 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 140 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 12 p.m. today - Live chat: Miers on Music with Jeff Miers
- 7:15 p.m. today - Sabres live: Pregame chat at 7:15 p.m., Sabres-Panther updates at 7:30
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Richard Thompson
- Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing
- Gaelic Storm
- Zak Ward
- the Jazz Example
- Jackie Jocko
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- Fredonia First Friday Community Contra Dance
- Route 66
- Road to Recovery
- Alfie Allessandra
- Five to One
- Zak Ward
- Functional Flow
- "Road from Jerusalem."
- "Mornings at Seven,"
- Hair Nation
- Bob Schiele
- "In High Feather,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Top lawmaker: Russia would welcome Crimea
- Taxis, limos upset over rules for tech competition
- Prosecutors: General coerced captain into affair
- Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Guard: Pistorius told me 'everything is fine'
- Ukraine decides to compete in Paralympics in Sochi
- 10 Things to Know-Today
- Ukraine oligarchs get key posts in bid for unity
- As US states allow pot sales, Dutch reverse course