Parents want district to provide home instruction.
Groundbreaking will be held today for the SolarCity solar panel factory at the RiverBend site in S. Buffalo. The factory, one of the biggest solar panel factories in the world, will be the biggest single piece of Cuomo's Buffalo Billion initiative.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Two showed up at the Vive Inc. refugee shelter. 'They said they had family there,' director says.
Written threat was found on bathroom stall at Orchard Park Middle School.
Sheriff's office said MercyFlight was called to transport man in his 60s to ECMC.
Dwayne Ferguson apologized for bringing weapon to Harvey Austin Elementary School.
Latest Local News
- Cheers! Buffalo Beer Week lineup to be announced today | 30 min ago
- Erie County lawmakers to debate e-cigarettes | 33 min ago
- Beds made in Eden donated to veterans organization
- Nuclear facility workers can learn of benefits today at two meetings
- Tonawanda’s sewer project ahead of schedule, fourth phase to start in spring
- Schneiderman begins TV ad campaign in bid for re-election as attorney general
- Cuomo to be at RiverBend groundbreaking today | 13 min ago
- Hop farming makes comeback as more breweries are born | 18 min ago
- General Mills to close California Cheerios plant
- Siemens makes $7.6 billion bet on fracking in U.S. View the last 24 hours of updates »
Kunz Goldman Black Rock is rocking, the beer is on ice, and the real reasons Chautauqua wants to revamp the Amp
Sullivan Marrone missed chance to make a bold statement
Jewell Gee Poverty figures put development boom in perspective
Turner GOP seeks to hobble Democrats’ best hope
Christmann Discount Diva: Sites offer savings that add up
Connors Mixed Media: Braun trying to put Unitas story on big screen
Simon Jeff Simon: CBS’ Sunday Schizophrenia returns in force tonight
- Changes to end-of-life care are needed to reduce unnecessary suffering
- Ginger B. Maiman: Coincidences show us it truly is a small world
- Another Voice: Increasing the minimum wage is the fair and smart course
- Letter: NFL finally getting it right, unlike Town of Tonawanda
- Letter: Activists use fossil fuels to hype climate change View more »
- 269 Manuel's aim is true, but results are lacking
- 249 Uneasiness greets use of H-word by Collins
- 192 New Census report finds majority of Buffalo's children live in poverty
- 106 Principal attempts to suspend 5-year-old after he wanders from school unnoticed
- 90 Letter: Bread and circuses will lead to demise
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Joe Donohue's Bathtub Gin followed by the Stripteasers
- Alfie Allessandra
- King Lear
- Civiletto Sings Sinatra
- Joseph Michael Mahfoud Band
- open mic TuTuTuesday
- Alternative Transmission
- open mic/jam
- open mic hosted by Doc Stuart
- Dustin Francis of Black Widow acoustic
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul
- Twang Gang
- John Culliton Mahoney
- Busted Stuff
- Rust Belt Comedy Presents: Setlists Against Humanity
- Charlie the Butcher and DJ Wrapid
- Downtown Country Market
- Niagara County Historical Society
- DJ Trivia
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria, Iraq
- Indian zoo: Tiger kills man who climbed into moat
- Accused White House intruder armed in July arrest
- Would US have right of hot pursuit in Syria?
- AP PHOTOS: NC artist burns glass into sculptures
- Sierra Leone considers repeating Ebola shutdown
- Hamas suspects in slaying of Israeli teens killed
- NATO's outgoing chief: 'We cut fat, built muscle"
- Lessons learned 6 months into worst Ebola outbreak
- Indian spacecraft on course to enter Mars' orbit