Jill Wells speaks about Toys R Us victim Larry Wells as his killer is sentenced.
Richard E. Jetter, now on leave from his job as Hamburg school superintendent, told village police he was drinking the night he hit a pole in South Buffalo – a day before he reported to police his car was vandalized during a school board meeting.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Report says Mark A. Cellini made $233,929 in 2013-14. ECC president was No. 2 on list.
Removal of Ch.4 news director could have significant impact on the presentation of local news.
Patrons gathered to support the zoo's Adopt an Animal program.
25 years ago, News critic called the film 'delightful' but other critics trashed it.
Latest Local News
- Taste of Olean set for Sunday
- Battle of the Books to be held at ECC South
- Variety Club donates special bicycle to city school
- Child struck by vehicle in East Aurora, flown to ECMC
- Vulcan Street reopens after being closed off due to gas leak
- Molotov cocktail thrown at Kenmore Avenue apartment complex
- Clarence troopers issue Lancaster woman DWI, other criminal charges
- City schedules seventh gun buyback for Aug. 16
- U.S. stocks fluctuate near records early today
- Lake Shore hospital receives more time to find buyer View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers How I spent my summer vacation: Catching a lot of Phish, concerts
Gleason Watkins stays well-grounded
Simon James Garner, the heroic antihero and light comic heavyweight
Kunz Goldman Marvin Gaye meets UB, Aretha Franklin meets Zumba and Buffalonians wear vegetables on their heads
Turner If Clinton opts to run she’ll be tough to beat
Christmann 10 steps to financial security
Jewell Gee Minor parties tailor-made for New York State
- Niagara County has been Northeast’s hazardous waste dump for too long
- Letter: Treatment of Palestinians has been grossly unfair
- Letter: Spotlight on wrongdoing makes politicians nervous
- Letter: Bringing Clinton to UB series was well worth the money
- Letter: Government should allow Lyft drivers to earn money View more »
- 187 Letter: Men should not decide women's health issues
- 107 Letter: America has long been a nation of immigrants
- 97 Orchard Park girl whose family sought medical marijuana to treat seizures dies
- 96 Letter: Churches should welcome all sexual orientations
- 89Proposed ferry service would link Buffalo's Canalside to outer harbor
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Unlikely Hero
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Patti Parks Band
- "Rita's Choice: Inspring Friends,"
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Mike and Alison of Widow Maker open mic
- Karaoke with Rob D Entertainment
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- "Birds of Western New York,"
- Buffalo Bill Cody Family Reunion
- Wellness Walks at Tifft
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- "Degree of Intimacy,"
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Social Security's $300M IT project doesn't work
- Planes with Ukraine bodies arrive in Netherlands
- Iraqis: Jihadis destroy ancient mosque in Mosul
- UN school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Official: Air Algerie flight 'probably crashed'
- Wyoming cave with fossil secrets to be excavated
- US pulls Peace Corps volunteers from Kenya
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Pope meets Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Taiwan searches plane wreckage for clues on crash