Sean P. Keenan, 21, faces charges of second-degree murder.
Progress is being made at the site in South Buffalo where one of the world’s biggest solar panel factories – a keystone in Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion initiative – will be built, and the pace is expected to accelerate within weeks.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Find something to do this weekend in our gallery of events taking place in Western New York.
Also Friday, Buffalo police commissioner says officers will be instructed to ticket Lyft drivers.
Story about state's requirement for a license is false, officials say.
District's agreement follows complaints to the Office of Civil Rights.
Latest Local News
- Mongielo will not go to jail for sign violation, Murphy rules | 6 min ago
- Norwood Avenue home ransacked, heavily damaged in break-in | 15 min ago
- Town of Niagara board set to OK Tuscorora Village site plan | 16 min ago
- Owners of Rainbow Roller Rink buy Lockport’s Skateland | 16 min ago
- Furnace, hot water tank stolen from vacant East Side home | 17 min ago
- New 71-acre camp in Portland offers adventures ‘off the grid’ | 17 min ago
- Robber with dire threat leaves drugstore empty-handed | 18 min ago
- Jamestown father arrested in alleged assault of baby
- Jury acquits four in murder of Southern Tier dirt track driver
- State finds ‘probable cause’ in Depew sex harassment case View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Kelly at his best battling cancer
Robinson Silevo has more going for it than Solyndra
Esmonde Parking isn’t the way to go at Canalside
Kunz Goldman Zumba in the park, Formal Fridays at the bank, and the rockets’ and dietitians’ red glare
Sullivan Sabres moves, Kiko injury vex Buffalo’s greatest sports fan
Simon Miley Cyrus and other subjects of runaway gossip in the Global Village
Jewell Gee Now is the time to offer ideas for outer harbor
- Mongielo will not go to jail for sign violation, Murphy rules
- Norwood Avenue home ransacked, heavily damaged in break-in
- Town of Niagara board set to OK Tuscorora Village site plan
- Owners of Rainbow Roller Rink buy Lockport’s Skateland
- Furnace, hot water tank stolen from vacant East Side home View more »
- Another Voice: Outer harbor planning process off to an innovative start
- As stain of police misconduct grows, Council should reopen Cariole Horne pension case
- Kenneth Holley: Powerful storyteller captivates audience
- Letter: Beware hidden fees from funeral homes
- Letter: Keep stadium, condos away from outer harbor View more »
- 330 Letter: Court made right call in Hobby Lobby ruling
- 178 Buffalo Board of Education hopes to increase seats at top-performing schools
- 151 Another Voice: Congress must respond to devastating Hobby Lobby ruling
- 146 Ogilvie formally named interim superintendent for Buffalo Public Schools
- 140 Letter: Let's hope Hillary is on her way out
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- City and Colour
- Menopause, the Musical
- Les Dudek
- Jennifer Nettles
- TNA Impact Wrestling
- Molly Hatchet
- The Voice Tour
- Jackie Jocko
- Alfie Allessandra
- Tom Hastings
- King Lear
- DJ Brandon Chase
- live music
- Macedonian Festival
- karaoke hosted by DeeJay Segay
- entertainer Al Krew
- "Rita's Choice: Inspring Friends,"
- live music
- 31 Nights featuring Deep House & Techno
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Automotive & Vehicles
- Over 100 killed in Gaza as rockets fall on Israel
- Polar vortex? Nope, just cooler Midwestern weather
- House chairman: $3.7B border request 'too much'
- LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home'
- ON THIS DAY: Zidane gives France 1st World Cup win
- FDA weighs cancer risk of fibroid removal devices
- A look at some of the best goals at the World Cup
- As deaths rise, no end seen to Israeli offensive
- Texas shooting suspect collapses twice in court
- The Return: Cleveland welcomes LeBron back