Sacca's comments on teen fatally shot by officer stirs firestorm on Internet.
Jonathan Conklin, 43, and Charles Sanford, 30, face charges of murder, carjacking and theft in death of Mary E. Whitaker, who was described by friends as a woman who stood up for what she believed in.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
First phase of project will install 3,700 new green seats.
Browse through photos of the city's ballpark dating back to the start of construction in 1986.
Top financial officer hired this summer came under scrutiny for fiscal improprieties.
Buffalo's Imagine Staffing Technology comes in at No. 409.
Latest Local News
- Bar Association rates judicial candidates | 16 min ago
- Gov. Cuomo touts Fort Drum’s strengths in letter to top Army officials | 18 min ago
- Time for Bills to make a point | 50 min ago
- New service levels announced for two Metro Bus routes
- Weppner accuses Higgins of inaction on Middle East crises
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to fraudulent check scheme
- Rabies alert issued about Pendleton animal sanctuary
- Federal funds approved to strengthen Western New York bridges
- Gia Arnold back in State Senate Republican primary race after admitting to affair
- Lockport bars school buses on dead-end roads – with one exception View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Love deal is a steal for Minnesota
Harrington Top NHL prospect McDavid in town
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
- Letter: Conservatives are not perfect
- Letter: Blame for trucker shortage rests with stingy carriers
- Letter: Fair was less accessible for seniors, handicapped
- The Rev. Charles A. Deacon: Talking about sports helped pave way in life
- Another Voice: Haiti still needs help rebuilding after earthquake View more »
- Westboro Baptist Church to picket Goos’ Kansas City show
- Tweedy, Spalding among fall concert announcements
- Farrell Four: Hey Mavis, Fully Clothed Gents, Blueshift, Beoga
- Torn Space takes theatergoers into Silo City’s American Warehouse
- Lockport attraction hopes to benefit from ‘Sharknado’ fame View more »
- 256 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 173 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 160 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 117 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Martina McBride
- Hey Mavis
- Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry
- Los Lobos
- Air Supply
- Jackie Jocko
- Alfie Allessandra
- Tom Hastings
- King Lear
- DJ Brandon Chase
- live music
- Boneshakers Blues Band
- karaoke hosted by DeeJay Segay
- live music
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- History and Hauntings
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Akron Community Band
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Gov't warns US retailers about hacking software
- Interpol seeks clues to Thai 'baby factory'
- Costa Rica to investigate US anti-Cuba program
- West condemns Russia over convoy to Ukraine
- New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?
- Hamas kills 18 suspected informers to deter leaks
- Official says hackers hit up to 25,000 fed workers
- Policeman accused of serial sex assault on patrol
- Mosque attack kills 64 in Iraq, Sunnis halt talks
- Ebola spreads in Nigeria; Liberia has 1,000 deaths