The prosecution is credited with dismantling a group that terrorized the lower West Side.
Some buildings -- or bridges, or statues -- are so distinctive that you would know them anywhere. Here are some images of structures that have come to define our area.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
The rock star and the Bills great could cross paths at the Hall of Fame induction this weekend.
Group hopes to create sense of community.
'To do good corn chowder, you don’t want to use fresh corn,' stand organizer says. 'It gets soggy.'
Quarterback battling cancer is drawing media attention on Hall of Fame weekend.
Latest Local News
- American Revolution re-enactment this weekend at Fort Niagara | 9 min ago
- Villella named acting Lockport assessor | 9 min ago
- Falls woman will go to prison in gun case | 9 min ago
- Market ends its worst week in two years | 12 min ago
- Berkshire Hathaway’s profits soared 41 percent to a record in second quarter | 17 min ago
- Greatbatch profits exceed expectations despite lower medical device sales | 45 min ago
- Double-digit gains in U.S. auto sales posted for July | 46 min ago
- Howden Fan moving into former Quad Graphics plant in Depew
- Dressed for success: Bills enshrinees
- Buffalo man pleads guilty in gun case after losing Court of Appeals ruling View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Kelly wouldn’t miss Reed’s big day for the world
Pergament WNY viewers gobbled up ‘Sharknado 2’
Esmonde City undercuts East Side garden bloom
Gleason A’s, Red Sox consummate an artful deal
Miers A critic answers his critics on Bruno Mars review
Robinson New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy
Kunz Goldman Loose-lipped bartenders, the stowaway cat, and a game show where you win peanuts
- Market ends its worst week in two years
- Berkshire Hathaway’s profits soared 41 percent to a record in second quarter
- Greatbatch profits exceed expectations despite lower medical device sales
- Double-digit gains in U.S. auto sales posted for July
- Howden Fan moving into former Quad Graphics plant in Depew View more »
- Letter: The News should not publish those who push false science
- Letter: Clean Water Act protections are crucial to our way of life
- Letter: Bike ferry plan will go far in promoting great sites
- Letter: Any stadium discussion should include light rail
- Another Voice: BlueCross BlueShield was left with no choice but to drop Medicaid program View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Mary Poppins
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Alfie Allessandra
- live music
- live music
- Tom Hastings
- entertainer Al Krew
- Community Rummage Sale
- DJ Brandon Chase
- karaoke hosted by DeeJay Segay
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- open mic
- the Jazz Example
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
- Field Ecology Adventures
- Gary Quatrani
- Karaoke With Justin
- Poseidon: The Upside Down Musical
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- 2 Americans detained in North Korea seek US help
- Ebola moving faster than control efforts
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Denver fair's bong, edible contests celebrate pot
- House moves toward vote on border bill
- Israel pushes deeper in Gaza after soldier seized
- A look at Israeli soldiers who have been captured
- Ukraine: Body parts retrieved at jet crash site
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of Warsaw Uprising
- Girl, 12, not competent for trial in stabbing