Bills Hall of Famer says 'thank you, thank you' for cards, pictures from well-wishers.
The Elmwood Avenue Festival of the Arts, now in its 16th year, takes over Elmwood from Lafayette to West Ferry with bands, dancers, theater troupes, art, KidsFest, food and more, until 6 today, 10 to 5 Sunday. Check out our photos of festivals past.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Sacca's comments on teen fatally shot by officer stirs firestorm on Internet.
Pair of homeless men face charges of murder, carjacking and theft in death of Mary E. Whitaker.
Check out Harry Scull Jr.'s images of the Goo Goo Dolls, Daughtry from Friday's Darien Lake show.
First phase of project will install 3,700 new green seats.
Latest Local News
- Falls man charged with DWI while driving with two children
- Closing on sale of 5 downtown buildings owned by David Sweet postponed
- Two men suffer serious wounds on Buffalo East Side
- Bar Association rates judicial candidates
- Gov. Cuomo touts Fort Drum’s strengths in letter to top Army officials
- Time for Bills to make a point
- New service levels announced for two Metro Bus routes
- Weppner accuses Higgins of inaction on Middle East crises
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to fraudulent check scheme
- Rabies alert issued about Pendleton animal sanctuary View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Love deal is a steal for Minnesota
Harrington Top NHL prospect McDavid in town
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
- Veronica Hogle: Ragged letter recalls a bold Fenian man
- Another Voice: Teachers working hard to make proper use of data
- It seems to us: Voice on an era silenced; few partners, many guests, and Mo’ne shows them
- Letter: Criticism of radio show is unwarranted and unfair
- Letter: Vietnam troops experienced a much different Woodstock View more »
- 263 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 176 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 160 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 117 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
- 104 With both sides to blame for broken government, Obama fills void with executive orders
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Zak Brown
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Stand-up and Improv Comedy
- R&B Revue
- History and Hauntings
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- Alden Farmers' Market
- CSz After Hours
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- Fire Magick and Cyr Wheel Man
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- "The Holiday Series,"
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Subglacial volcanic eruption begins in Iceland
- 2 Europe navigation satellites in the wrong orbits
- Egypt calls for open-ended Gaza cease-fire
- Ferguson residents struggling with daily life
- Russian aid trucks leave; Merkel seeks cease-fire
- Iraq suicide bomber kills at least 11 in Baghdad
- Sierra Leone makes hiding Ebola patients illegal
- Phelps wins gold, Ledecky breaks 400 world record
- Debaters hope to sway undecided in Scotland vote
- Obama urges renewal of US Export-Import Bank