Neighborhood residents alerted people in the two-story home, which was destroyed.
"The only unknown is how high the price will climb before bidders eventually shake their heads and slip out the back door," Bucky Gleason says. "Pegula will be the last man standing when all is said and done."Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Reported offers in the billions far outstrip Forbes estimate of $870 million for team's worth.
No word from the superintendent as officials are 'hoping for a resignation.'
Employers work to improve the quality of the workforce heading their way.
Latest Local News
- Upscale Ethiopian
- Buffalo United Artists flips the script, and the ship, in ‘Poseidon!’
- Artpark aims high with streamlined ‘Mary Poppins’
- Byron Rich adds digital elements to science-based exhibition
- Silo City hosts a roving reading of Ibsen’s ‘The Master Builder’
- After 17 years, College Street Gallery is closing up shop
- 7 places to find peace and quiet on a summer day
- Zoning board rules against West Side restaurant in patio noise dispute
- Orchard Park Police investigating an incident in the Big Tree Road area
- Jackson will be a 10-year Bill with contract extension View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers A critic answers his critics on Bruno Mars review
Sullivan Rice penalty is an insult to women
Robinson New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy
Kunz Goldman Loose-lipped bartenders, the stowaway cat, and a game show where you win peanuts
Pergament A Buffalo-tinged ‘Sharknado 2’ is stupid, silly fun
Christmann Time to start planning for Christmas in July
Simon The punishing world of ‘Big Brother’ in prime time and off-camera at local news
- Astronics profits soar with new acquisitions
- University at Buffalo study finds short sellers not responsible for 2008 economic crisis
- Small cars, save for one, fail to make ‘good’ in crash tests
- Fed, citing slack labor market, makes case to keep interest rates low
- Bank of America fined $1.3 billion on its role in selling risky mortgages View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Mary Poppins
- Sheila E.
- Random Holiday
- The Temptations
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Karaoke with Rob D Entertainment
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Indian Classical Music
- Patti Parks Band
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- Mike and Alison of Widow Maker open mic
- Civiletto Sings Sinatra
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
- Field Ecology Adventures
- Christina Custode
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- AP PHOTOS: At least 17 die in Gaza school attack
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Stern sees Sterling saga ending well, lauds Silver
- Pipe break that flooded UCLA dumps 20M gallons
- Landslide hits Indian village, killing at least 18
- Congress cooperates _ and fights _ as recess nears
- House GOP scrambles for votes on border bill
- Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- House approves VA health care overhaul
- Deadly Israeli strikes hit UN school, market area