Neighborhood residents alerted people in the two-story home, which was destroyed.
"The only unknown is how high the price will climb before bidders eventually shake their heads and slip out the back door," Bucky Gleason says. "Pegula will be the last man standing when all is said and done."Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Reported offers in the billions far outstrip Forbes estimate of $870 million for team's worth.
Year-long 'Operation Horseback' nets 3,000 baggies of the drug, worth an estimated $60,000.
No word from the superintendent as officials are 'hoping for a resignation.'
Employers work to improve the quality of the workforce heading their way.
Latest Local News
- Ex-detective testifies in pretrial hearing about ’79 Lackawanna murder case | 22 min ago
- Senate bill would punish universities, colleges that ignore sexual assaults | 26 min ago
- Niagara SPCA chooses animal cruelty officer | 28 min ago
- Retired Buffalo teacher sentenced for stealing $25,700 from friend | 49 min ago
- Heavy storms cause flooding in Southern Niagara County | 54 min ago
- County employees ratify a new contract
- Firefighters to collect for charity
- Buffalo man charged in drug death at New York City music festival
- The Facebook verdict: Lockport police shouldn’t use “Negro”
- GOP opponent blasts attorney general over Moreland Commission View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Rice penalty is an insult to women
Robinson New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy
Kunz Goldman Loose-lipped bartenders, the stowaway cat, and a game show where you win peanuts
Pergament A Buffalo-tinged ‘Sharknado 2’ is stupid, silly fun
Christmann Time to start planning for Christmas in July
Simon The punishing world of ‘Big Brother’ in prime time and off-camera at local news
Turner Obama won’t give up fight over contraceptives
- Four left homeless in Elmwood Avenue house fire
- Ex-detective testifies in pretrial hearing about ’79 Lackawanna murder case
- Senate bill would punish universities, colleges that ignore sexual assaults
- Niagara SPCA chooses animal cruelty officer
- Retired Buffalo teacher sentenced for stealing $25,700 from friend View more »
- University at Buffalo study finds short sellers not responsible for 2008 economic crisis
- Small cars, save for one, fail to make ‘good’ in crash tests
- Fed, citing slack labor market, makes case to keep interest rates low
- Bank of America fined $1.3 billion on its role in selling risky mortgages
- Market unmoved by some good news View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Frank Gerard and Ray Chamberlain Quartet featuring Cheryl Ferris on vocals
- open mic night
- DJ Trivia
- Joe Head
- Gary Quatrani
- Tony DeRosa
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Big Sauce Trio with special guests
- open mic with Jeremy
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Landslide hits Indian village, killing at least 18
- House would block Obama from curbing deportations
- Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- House approves VA health care overhaul
- Pipe break that flooded UCLA dumps 20M gallons
- Deadly Israeli strikes hit UN school, market area
- Bolt upset over report he criticized Glasgow Games
- Japanese search US archives for WWII MIA info
- Congress cooperates _ and fights _ as recess nears
- Suing Obama: GOP-led House gives the go-ahead