Andre Jenkins held without bail in September slayings of Daniel Szymanski and Paul Maue.
After 15 years of vacancy, the AM&A's Department Store building in downtown Buffalo has a new owner. A New York City-based investor bought the 350,000-square-foot edifice in downtown Buffalo today, spending $2.775 million to take control of the eight-story building at 377 Main St.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
A look at the 6 covers of The Buffalo News during recent storm coverage.
See where Snowvember ranks when stacked up against Blizzard of '77 and more.
Senator says focus should have been economic stimulus, ways to boost middle-class.
“I anticipate being 100 percent operational,” Bills President Russ Brandon said today.
Latest Local News
- Shrinking labor force keeps Buffalo Niagara unemployment down | 21 min ago
- Wegmans workers arrived from Rochester | 40 min ago
- Top Workplace nomination deadline extended | 59 min ago
- 22nd Century cigarette company says sales may top $5 million next year
- First Niagara insiders buying up stock
- Wall Street: Stocks mixed early
- Cocaine addict sentenced to 25 years for killing East Side Vietnam veteran
- Frozen and LEGO top the toy list this season
- Mayor Brown calls ‘for peace in Ferguson, in Buffalo’
- Santa’s mall visit for special needs children View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Sully: Win after week of adversity is anything but routine
Kunz Goldman Tales from the storm, weird pictures and high-pitched noises
Turner Shipping via pipeline is much safer than rail
Jewell Gee Hey, world, we’re more than weather
Christmann Do’s and Don’ts for Black Friday shoppers
Pergament Dick Greene finds that now is a good time to own Timeless WECK
Dabkowski Remembering author Leslie Feinberg, chronicler of blue-collar Buffalo
- 410 Letter: It's time to put Christ back into Christmas
- 258 Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist 'felt like I was underground, buried in a casket,'
- 237 Alden couple escapes roof collapse, laments loss of family home
- 217 Day Two: 5 dead, 60 inches of snow so far, more coming
- 207 Day 3: Eight dead, roofs now collapsing
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Carl Palmer's Elp Legacy
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Alfie Allessandra
- open mic/jam
- open mic hosted by Doc Stuart
- Alternative Transmission
- Twang Gang
- John Culliton Mahoney
- open mic TuTuTuesday
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Joseph Michael Mahfoud Band
- Dustin Francis of Black Widow acoustic
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Rust Belt Comedy Presents: Setlists Against Humanity
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- "Jesse Walp: Ripe,"
- "Protista Imperialis v2.1,"
- open mic
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Cash cut to Ukraine rebel areas in risky strategy
- Thanksgiving travel woes? There's an app for that
- Rain, snow to challenge eastern holiday travelers
- Pope to Europe: Accept immigrants, create jobs
- Russian envoy: Ferguson shows US racial problems
- Two teens shot dead, two different Obama reactions
- Report: Spies lacked info to stop soldier's murder
- New FDA rules will put calorie counts on menus
- 'Cosby' author sorry for omitting assault charges
- Unboxing videos online chronicle the big reveal