Fourth member of state education board seeking re-election dropped out of running Monday night.
The National Weather Service is still evaluating approaching storm to see if predicted winds, snow qualify as a blizzard. Up to 18 inches of snow is predicted for metro Buffalo and parts north.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
New York City and Honolulu tied for least affordable in terms of home ownership.
Assembly Democrats push to limit property tax breaks to more lower- and middle-class residents.
Due to approaching storm, Buffalo News will offer free access to all stories today and Wednesday.
Military says it has radar showing plane changed course, made it to Malacca Strait.
Latest Local News
- Hip-hop ‘beatboxer’ runs for Buffalo School Board | 2 min ago
- Planning board approves Termini’s restaurant made of shipping containers | 22 min ago
- Buffalo Niagara jobless rate falls to 7.4 percent
- Buffalo police dispatcher arrested on second prostitution charge
- Stars' Peverley recovering after collapsing
- Quasar plan reminds residents of Love Canal, threatens local produce sales
- Cleveland BioLabs reduces losses, fights to boost share price
- Schumer touts Route 5 work
- Waterfront vision unveiled for Town of Tonawanda
- Clarence School Board meeting on objectionable books ends peacefully View the last 24 hours of updates »
Simon ‘True Detective’ finale failed to live up to the show’s dark existential standard
Gleason Free agents love numbers, not the truth
Harrington Return to Buffalo gives Kane’s play a boost
Sullivan Baron won’t forget two missed three-pointers
Maziarz Christmann Stopping scammers in their tracks
Turner Democrats ought to embrace budget
Robinson Synacor is battling headwinds
- Hip-hop ‘beatboxer’ runs for Buffalo School Board
- State Legislature re-elects three members to Board of Regents
- Planning board approves Termini’s restaurant made of shipping containers
- Assembly Democrats reject parts of Cuomo budget, seek more school aid
- Buffalo police dispatcher arrested on second prostitution charge View more »
- Eileen Needham: Junior League mentoring program helps rewrite lives
- Agency needs to rethink decision to move management out of Buffalo
- Another Voice: Cuomo should add funding for in-home care services
- Letter: Public campaign financing is not the logical answer
- Letter: New painkiller is needed as an option to suffering View more »
- 462Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 332 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 175 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 116 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 6:30 p.m. today - Sabres live: Pregame chat at 6:30 p.m., Predators-Sabres updates at 7
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- BABEL: Suzan-Lori Parks
- Porgy and Bess
- Porgy and Bess
- Joe Donohue's Bathtub Gin followed by the Stripteasers
- Alfie Allessandra
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul followed by Charlie the Butcher and DJ Wrapid
- Mike and Alison of Widow Maker
- open mic hosted by Doc Stuart
- Extraordinary Ordinary People: American Masters of Traditional Arts
- Swamp Creatures exhibit
- Rust Belt Comedy Showcase hosted by Rick Matthews
- "Lily Booth: Grace and Muster,"
- Sixth annual African American Art Festival
- "Bridging The Great Divide,"
- Fly Fishing: A Celebration of the stream
- Joseph Mahfoud Band
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- 50 years later, New York murder still fascinates
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Peverley's heart undergoing tests after collapse
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- Health care law gets 1st test in Florida election
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network