News conference is set for before tonight's game against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Authorities believe Chautauqua Symphony violinist Mary Whitaker interrupted a burglary at her home in Westfield after performing in the final concert of the season.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Mary Whitaker was scheduled to return to her Manhattan home after wrapping up Chautauqua season.
Candidate, 24, had admitted infidelity, suspended campaign for Maziarz seat.
Church known for picketing soldiers' funerals targets Goos as 'band formed in filthy Buffalo N.Y.'
Latest Local News
- Hochul brings her campaign tour to Fredonia | 5 min ago
- Five Star Bank parent replaces chief risk officer | 53 min ago
- Wall Street: S&P 500 fluctuates near record this afternoon
- State police seize 114 marijuana plants in Allegany County
- Father of slain Cheektowaga girl sues great-grandparents
- Lockport bars school buses on dead-end roads – with one exception
- Amherst student housing resident arrested in burglaries
- County nutrition program sets Pendleton picnic
- Lockport firefighters urge city to seek grant funding
- Lockport awaits “watered-down” Fallen Heroes design View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Love deal is a steal for Minnesota
Harrington Top NHL prospect McDavid in town
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
- Letter: Blame for trucker shortage rests with stingy carriers
- Letter: Fair was less accessible for seniors, handicapped
- The Rev. Charles A. Deacon: Talking about sports helped pave way in life
- Another Voice: Haiti still needs help rebuilding after earthquake
- Staggering financial mismangement forcing Lockport to make grim decisions View more »
- Westboro Baptist Church to picket Goos’ Kansas City show
- Tweedy, Spalding among fall concert announcements
- Farrell Four: Hey Mavis, Fully Clothed Gents, Blueshift, Beoga
- Torn Space takes theatergoers into Silo City’s American Warehouse
- Lockport attraction hopes to benefit from ‘Sharknado’ fame View more »
- 178 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 157 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 151 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 117 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry
- Martina McBride
- Hey Mavis
- Los Lobos
- Air Supply
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Alfie Allessandra
- History and Hauntings
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- karaoke with Just Mo' Music
- belly dancing show
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- Downtown Batavia Public Market
- Fire Magick and Cyr Wheel Man
- West Coast Swing dance lessons
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Ebola spreads in Nigeria; Liberia has 1,000 deaths
- Hamas kills 18 suspected informers to deter leaks
- Islamic State backers under scrutiny in US
- West condemns Russia over convoy to Ukraine
- New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?
- Oklahoma officer accused in 6 sexual assaults
- UN: death toll from Syrian civil war tops 191,000
- Sunnis pull out of Iraq talks after mosque attack
- NATO criticizes Russian convoy sent into Ukraine
- Ice bucket challenge may change nonprofit world