Matthew Borkowski, 40, charged with sexual abuse of victims 13 to 17.
“We’re mobilizing one day a year to improve the quality of life in this community,” said United Way President Michael Weiner. Projects included painting at Response to Love Center and clearing invasive species from South Park, above.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Bar Tab review: What sets Resurgence apart is the simple, well-designed outdoor beer garden.
Woman found unconscious on kitchen floor of second-floor apartment.
Christian Gothgen was in a Sailfish when it flipped over, struck him.
State Comptroller's scathing audit says treasurer's records are a mess.
Latest Local News
- UB campus cops to carry heroin antidote | 6 min ago
- West Seneca denies access to Seneca Mall study | 27 min ago
- State Senate, Assembly candidates square off
- Man robs City of Tonawanda bank at gunpoint
- Lockport ‘Bark for Life’ to raise money for cancer research
- Chris Collins urges Cuomo to permit fracking, blasts solar, wind subsidies
- New law firm outgrows its space
- Settlement in Cheektowaga workplace lawsuit
- Buffalo man killed in rollover crash at Youngmann exit
- Artists explore new fascinations at Casa de Arte View the last 24 hours of updates »
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Gleason Jeter ranks with sports’ top legends
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
Christmann Try-before-you-buy apps let you sample everything from makeup to furniture
Jewell Gee Cogan’s ghost hangs over Niagara Falls’ hopes
- Letter: Bon Jovi’s good works should be acknowledged
- Charles Lamb: Did you really say what I heard you say?
- Court overturns attempt to seal reports on conditions at county’s two lockups
- Another Voice: Obama, Cuomo blocking action to reduce energy bills
- Letter: Firing Higgins, Cuomo will increase student rolls View more »
- 917 Letter: Many people believe gay marriage is wrong
- 328 Letter: Lack of responsibility fuels food stamp crisis
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 133 63 Buffalo teachers told they may not have jobs
- 116 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- Tony DeRosa
- DJ Trivia
- Joe Head
- Gary Quatrani
- Big Sauce Trio with special guests
- open mic night
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Sideshow, comedy open mic
- open mic with Big Tobacco
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Holder heads to Ferguson after subdued protests
- Ukrainian govt troops take over much of Luhansk
- Embattled Sen. Begich's secret weapon: Alaska
- Unrest grows in Liberian slum sealed to halt Ebola
- Israel, Gaza militants trade fire after talks fail
- Iraqis in besieged town appeal to army for help
- Pakistan lawmakers meet amid mass protests
- Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State
- 36 dead, 7 missing in Hiroshima landslide
- Floods lead to dramatic rescues in Phoenix area