Widow says husband called to say: ‘I’ll probably be home a little late. The weather's not good.'
A man was found dead in car buried in snow in Cheektowaga today. The death toll is now at 12; nursing home says one elderly resident died during evacuation rather than the two reported by county officials.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
As roads reopen, officials ask people to avoid unnecessary travel to expedite cleanup.
Bills President Russ Brandon cites concern for community safety as game is relocated.
Wales Center, Lancaster both got more than 72 inches of snow.
Hamburg may win the snow derby with around 7 feet of snow.
Latest Local News
- Picture of Hamburg shoveling party goes viral | 4 min ago
- Hamburg making slow progress against mountains of snow | 25 min ago
- Zittel farm operation suffers ‘devastating’ damage in storm | 42 min ago
- Meibohm Fine Arts show highlights historic prints of Buffalo scenes | 45 min ago
- New Phoenix presents Twain’s ‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ | 48 min ago
- As expats return home for the holidays, it’s time to show off everything new in Buffalo | 55 min ago
- North Tonawanda teen killed in Wheatfield hit-and-run accident
- One Garden Gate nursing home patient died after evacuation
- Wall Street: Stocks rising in early afternoon trading
- Immaculata postpones entrance exam; St. Joe’s will hold its test View the last 24 hours of updates »
Esmonde When will the Thruway smarten up?
Miers Soundcheck by Jeff Miers: Criticism of Springsteen reveals misunderstanding
Sullivan Marrone’s outdated approach undermines Bills’ potential
Singletary Six smart shopping tips for the holidays
Simon What a relief to have a TV heroine no one has to love
Kunz Goldman The holidays arrive early with cheap wines, yodeling pickles and Dickens in Kenmore
Robinson Don’t count us out, says Synacor’s boss
- Joanne Dalporto: Medical crisis puts life in proper perspective
- Another Voice: The use of fossil fuels improves our well-being
- Letter: Bob Hope did nothing to deserve new criticism
- Letter: Retail has stolen tradition of Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Letter: Insurer should not have excluded Catholic Health View more »
- ‘The Process’ tears down walls of ignorance, misconceptions about people with disabilities
- Bright colors, attractive shapes fill Paul Feeley retrospective
- Actor Marlon Wayans is enjoying a new passion for stand-up comedy
- World War I drama ‘Journey’s End’ makes audience feel for characters
- Meibohm Fine Arts show highlights historic prints of Buffalo scenes View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Cold Dark Train
- Steve Miller Band
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Bobby Hendricks' Drifters
- Hollywood Logan's Legendary Drifters
- POSTPONED: The Rite of Spring
- Jackie Jocko
- Alfie Allessandra
- karaoke with Just Mo' Music
- belly dancing show
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- open mic
- Karaoke With Justin
- the Jazz Example
- Five to One
- live music
- live music
- Five to One
- Tom Hastings
- Boneshaker Blues Band
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- 93-year-old woman marks 75 years with same company
- Bandits in Guinea steal suspected Ebola blood
- More Cosby shows canceled; Friday night show is on
- As snow ends, roof collapses, floods are concerns
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on immigration
- Biden calls on Russia to uphold east Ukraine truce
- Kerry, Zarif leave nuclear talks, returns unclear
- Grocery chain's Christmas ad stirs tears, outrage
- Japan's lower house dissolved for early election
- Raiders snap 16-game skid with 24-20 win vs. KC