Add its voice to angry chorus from cities protesting grand jury’s decision not to indict officer.
Each of the 13 lives lost to the epic snowstorm last week deserves to be chronicled; here are their stories.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Investor pays $2.7 million for vacant downtown site.
Ex-Hamburg school chief made false report about car being vandalized.
Andre Jenkins held without bail in September slayings of Daniel Szymanski and Paul Maue.
Latest Local News
- Broadway belters coming to 710 Main Theatre
- At Oliver’s, the spinach loaf abides
- 1045 Elmwood gallery to host live painting event
- New Politics headlines triple bill in Town Ballroom
- Erin Sydney Welsh comes home for the holidays
- List: Western New York's worst winter storms
- Restaurants dealing with the lake-effect effects
- Sabres building confidence
- Woods made Jets pay for single coverage
- Castle by Candlelight is a Fort Niagara tradition View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Daemen player’s dedication may get him shot at NBA
Miers It’s been a tough week in WNY, but here are a few reasons to give thanks
Sullivan Sully: Win after week of adversity is anything but routine
Kunz Goldman Tales from the storm, weird pictures and high-pitched noises
Turner Shipping via pipeline is much safer than rail
Jewell Gee Hey, world, we’re more than weather
Christmann Do’s and Don’ts for Black Friday shoppers
- AM&A’s building sold to N.Y. City entity
- Buffalo Niagara unemployment rate remains at 6-year low of 5.7%
- Eastern Niagara Hospital is selling Newfane nursing home to New Jersey company
- Wegmans workers arrive from Rochester to help out
- ‘Frozen’ merchandise and LEGO top the toy list this season View more »
- State-run weather forecasting system could provide vital advance warning
- Carol Ann Saraceno-Sackett: Memories of past mix with visions of future
- Letter: Buffalo again proves its citizens are tough
- Letter: Canisius right to seek thorough investigation
- Letter: Don’t compare store clerks to health care professionals View more »
- 416 Letter: It's time to put Christ back into Christmas
- 260 Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist 'felt like I was underground, buried in a casket,'
- 237 Alden couple escapes roof collapse, laments loss of family home
- 207 Day 3: Eight dead, roofs now collapsing
- 168 Letter: President's denials just keep on coming
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 7 p.m. today - Live coverage: Jets at Sabres
- 7 p.m. Friday - Live coverage: Canadiens at Sabres
- 12 p.m. Saturday - #PrepTalkLive from football's Championship Saturday
- 7 p.m. Saturday - Live coverage: Sabres at Canadiens
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Greg Klyma
- Jackie Jocko
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- open mic with Jeremy
- Comedy open mic
- open mic
- World Tavern Poker
- World Tavern Poker
- the Bravuras
- Gimme Buffett
- Alibi Pass
- Toddler Time
- Pre-Turkey Day Superjam
- "For the Birds ... and For Those Who Enjoy Them,"
- open mic blues jam with Harvey and the Hurricanes
- "Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Protests against Ferguson decision grow across US
- Protesters return to riot-scarred Ferguson streets
- Anger at Ferguson case based on emotion, evidence
- Obama: No excuse for violent, destructive protest
- Grand jury focused on key fatal Ferguson 'tussle'
- Official: Afghan president orders military review
- Russian envoy: Ferguson shows US racial problems
- 2 teen female bombers kill more than 40 in Nigeria
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- Cash cut to Ukraine rebel areas in risky strategy