The layoff of 63 teachers is expected to be among the topics addressed.
“Upon physical examination, there is no evidence of the cancer,” said Peter Costantino, executive director of Lenox Hill Hospital’s New York Head and Neck Institute. “The treatments so far have completely eliminated Mr. Kelly’s pain."Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
NHL finalizes draft lottery rules, with worst team dropping no lower than No. 2 in 2015.
News Sports Reporter Tim Graham calls it 'the biggest camp brawl I've ever seen.'
Bar Tab review: What sets Resurgence apart is the simple, well-designed outdoor beer garden.
Christian Gothgen was in a Sailfish when it flipped over, struck him.
Latest Local News
- Berkshire to pay $896,000 to settle with U.S. over USG stock | 12 min ago
- All ears turned to Yellen talk on Friday | 15 min ago
- Fredonia Farm Festival opens Friday | 35 min ago
- Buffalo’s other waterfront renaissance | 37 min ago
- Falls robbery suspect committed to mental institution | 47 min ago
- Lockport man heads to prison for dealing drugs, driving drunk | 47 min ago
- UB campus police to carry heroin antidote as part of state program | 50 min ago
- Tifft street woman accused of choking and slapping neighbor
- Grote Stree man charged with selling cocaine
- Niagara Town Board sets public meeting on controversial development View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Gleason Jeter ranks with sports’ top legends
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
Christmann Try-before-you-buy apps let you sample everything from makeup to furniture
- Letter: Bon Jovi’s good works should be acknowledged
- Charles Lamb: Did you really say what I heard you say?
- Court overturns attempt to seal reports on conditions at county’s two lockups
- Another Voice: Obama, Cuomo blocking action to reduce energy bills
- Letter: Firing Higgins, Cuomo will increase student rolls View more »
- 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
- Elmwood Avenue Festival of the Arts returns for 16th year
- A sample of the festival built around Buffalo’s signature dish
- Swedes surrender to charms of JoAnn Falletta
- Styx rocks the Artpark crowd with hit-filled concert View more »
- 918 Letter: Many people believe gay marriage is wrong
- 332 Letter: Lack of responsibility fuels food stamp crisis
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 135 63 Buffalo teachers told they may not have jobs
- 116 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- Tony DeRosa
- DJ Trivia
- Joe Head
- Gary Quatrani
- Big Sauce Trio with special guests
- open mic night
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Sideshow, comedy open mic
- open mic with Big Tobacco
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Beheading spurs news attacks on Islamic militants
- Obama weighs broader move on legal immigration
- Drought has state debating its unregulated pumping
- Holder arrives in Ferguson after police shooting
- Liberian slums barricaded as Ebola sets new record
- Social media pushes back at militant propaganda
- Ukrainian govt troops take over much of Luhansk
- Airstrike kills wife and child of Hamas figure
- US official: More airstrikes in Iraq
- APNewsBreak: BofA reaches $17B settlement with US