Events begin at 5 p.m. with concert, followed by public skate from 6:15 to 9 p.m.
Buffalo teachers could get an 11.8 percent pay increase, in exchange for paying a small amount toward their health insurance premium, if the school district and the union agree to terms recommended by an outside mediator.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Governor expects legal challenges to Cabinet decision.
Handyman Barry Moss was struck and killed along Route 5 a year ago.
'Pornography is the opposite of what my work is about,' artist told packed courtroom.
Jeff Simon says Sony's decision to pull the film makes sense even as it appalls.
Latest Local News
- Barbecue spaghetti is a specialty at Suzy-Q’s Bar-B-Que Shack
- Choices abound at new Mexican restaurant
- Almost half of teachers and principals in Buffalo City Schools rated ‘highly effective’
- Pedestrian hit by car at Forest and Richmond
- Whitford appointed to Chautauqua County Legislature
- Bills’ offensive line has room for improvement
- Sabres’ Neuvirth frustrated by his play in loss to Jets
- Bills willing to forgive, and it’s paying off
- Bills notebook: Spiller limited, but could be activated for Sunday
- Contract for solar panels may lead to the construction of plant in Buffalo View the last 24 hours of updates »
Watson Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority needs to hire its own police force
Sullivan Bills willing to forgive, and it’s paying off
Simon ‘The Interview’ controversy proves there is still such a thing as going too far
Miers Was it the ‘suits’ or the Internet that did the most damage to the music industry?
Pergament Mary Beth Wrobel returns to Channel 2
Gleason Would Bills take a shot at Cutler?
Kunz Goldman Wassailing in Williamsville, pleading with the pope, and why “The Messiah” is Irish
- Letter: Chautauqua’s plan for amphitheater is a disgrace
- Another Voice: Public must have a voice in future of Buffalo schools
- After complaint goes public, Canada adds staff to reduce delays at border
- Letter: Looters should make restitution to victims
- Wendy Schreiner: Christmas traditions make season special View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 11:30 a.m. today - Live chat: Miers on Music with Jeff Miers
- 1 p.m. today - Live chat: Sully on Sports with Jerry Sullivan
Order the "Wall of Snow" book
A hardcover pictorial that captures unprecedented lake-effect snowstorm of November 2014.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Kerfuffle Before Christmas
- Jackie Jocko
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Christina Custode
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Museum After Hours Event
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Crochet classes
- "Jesse Walp: Ripe,"
- "Protista Imperialis v2.1,"
- Don Burns
- World Tavern Poker
- Live Music Thursdays with Ashlee Amoia
- "Climate Change: Faces, Places & Protest -- Photos from the front lines,"
- "Talking Tea,"
- "Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Putin accuses West of trying to sideline Russia
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Qatar: Building team to spring surprise in 2022
- AP IMPACT: Abused kids die as officials fail to protect
- Poll: 80 percent back Putin even as ruble falls
- N Korea-linked Sony hack may be costliest ever
- AP source: US probe links NKorea to Sony hacking
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Australian leader: Siege may have been preventable
- US, Cuba patch torn relations in historic accord