Next Wednesday, the 175th edition kicks off at the Hamburg Fairgrounds.
"The only unknown is how high the price will climb before bidders eventually shake their heads and slip out the back door," Bucky Gleason says. "Pegula will be the last man standing when all is said and done."Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
The former Sabres owner isn't one of the three parties who have submitted bids.
Year-long 'Operation Horseback' nets 3,000 baggies of the drug, worth an estimated $60,000.
Talk show host makes comment while talking Buffalo with guest Daniel Radcliffe.
Twister touched down in the Union Road-George Urban Boulevard area, cause $15 million in damage.
Latest Local News
- Former carrier convicted of destroying mail | 11 min ago
- Erratic driver faces drug charges | 13 min ago
- Hagen Street teen arrested for threatening another with handgun | 18 min ago
- Cuba, N.Y., man jailed on drug trafficking indictment | 20 min ago
- 16-year-old charged with menacing with a gun | 24 min ago
- Buffalo man robbed in his home | 25 min ago
- Iconic Lewiston Art Festival returns for a 48th year | 26 min ago
- Shots fired but nobody harmed | 27 min ago
- Canned good drive in Hamburg for veterans | 43 min ago
- Drums Along the Waterfront carries on without losing a beat | 44 min ago View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Rice penalty is an insult to women
Robinson New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy
Kunz Goldman Loose-lipped bartenders, the stowaway cat, and a game show where you win peanuts
Pergament A Buffalo-tinged ‘Sharknado 2’ is stupid, silly fun
Christmann Time to start planning for Christmas in July
Simon The punishing world of ‘Big Brother’ in prime time and off-camera at local news
Turner Obama won’t give up fight over contraceptives
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Frank Gerard and Ray Chamberlain Quartet featuring Cheryl Ferris on vocals
- open mic night
- DJ Trivia
- Joe Head
- Gary Quatrani
- Tony DeRosa
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Big Sauce Trio with special guests
- open mic with Jeremy
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- House approves VA health care overhaul
- Congress cooperates _ and fights _ as recess nears
- Contract dispute delays 'Big Bang' production
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
- Jesse Ventura's image and legal battles not over
- GOP pushes House toward approving Obama lawsuit
- Clashes prevent experts from reaching bodies
- UCLA's Pauley Pavilion drenched in hoops history
- White House threatens to veto House border bill
- Israeli strikes hit UN school, Gaza shopping area