School Zone blog has the latest on who's leading which schools.
$15 million plan to transform 190-acre property into Buffalo's first state park calls for a nautical-themed playground, two picnic pavilions, a promenade and stage, along with a large area for recreational activities.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
This is rescheduled date for canceled concert originally set for November at Flickinger Center.
In wake of recent struggle to find a solid No. 2, Mark Gaughan ranks second-string signal callers.
Fresh, high-quality food sets apart this hard-to-find Black Rock restaurant.
High of 81 Saturday, highs in 70s Sunday and Monday.
Latest Local News
- Wall Street: Stocks losing momentum today | 4 min ago
- UB sends message to campus community about sex offender | 6 min ago
- Tractor-trailer appears to have hit utility pole in Grand Island | 47 min ago
- Another Buffalo parking meter employee sentenced to prison for stealing thousands of quarters | 48 min ago
- Free tennis events Sept. 6 at Buffalo Racquet Club, South Towns Tennis Club
- Moving Day Buffalo at Coca Cola Field benefits Parkinson’s research
- Niagara Falls man gets a quick trip back to jail
- Woman in winter coat robs Niagara Falls convenience store
- Dunkirk man charged with firing shotgun out window
- Public tasting tonight in Tonawanda for local microbrewery View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Goodwin’s tweet shows how clueless he is
Harrington Bisons showed their mettle despite disappointing ending
Connors Sports books that made their impact on readers
Pergament Meyers among many winners at the Emmys
Turner Rioting in Ferguson teaches the wrong lesson
Sullivan It doesn’t look like a leap year for the Bills
Jewell Gee Civic watchdogs push for open government
- UB sends message to campus community about sex offender
- Buffalo Schools reassign principals
- Tractor-trailer appears to have hit utility pole in Grand Island
- Another Buffalo parking meter employee sentenced to prison for stealing thousands of quarters
- Free tennis events Sept. 6 at Buffalo Racquet Club, South Towns Tennis Club View more »
- 433 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 224 What's wrong with the Ralph? By NFL standards, plenty
- 185 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 183 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 170 Letter: Obama's incompetency had been foreshadowed
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Honeycutters
- Rich Robinson
- The Fresh Beat Band
- Lazer Lloyd
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- Tony DeRosa
- DJ Trivia
- Joe Head
- Gary Quatrani
- Big Sauce Trio with special guests
- open mic night
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Sideshow, comedy open mic
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Shooting by 9-year-old girl stirs debate over guns
- US official warns Ebola outbreak will get worse
- IMF chief Lagarde under investigation in France
- California beach town sees flooding from hurricane
- Israeli leader declares victory in Gaza war
- Browns WR Gordon suspended for 2014 season
- AP PHOTOS: Storm-roiled waves hit beach towns
- Experts want to see NFL act on domestic violence
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- AP PHOTOS: Workers clear debris from busy runway