Day 3 of The Storm brings tales of creativity, kindness and perserverance.
Death toll rises to 10; State agencies, National Guard and Red Cross pitch in to help; and local and federal officials lay groundwork for a disaster declaration that would provide reimbursement to counties in grip of massive storm.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Bills President Russ Brandon cites concern for community safety in wake of snowstorm.
As weight of snow collapses roofs, carports, experts say be aware of the dangers.
Heavy lake-effect system dumping 3 to 5 inches per hour over the area.
Click on links to coverage town by town, latest photo galleries.
Latest Local News
- Budget hearings to be rescheduled | 7 min ago
- State disaster aid expected, with federal less certain | 8 min ago
- 50-year-old man draws a year in jail for sex with 15-year-old girl | 19 min ago
- Salvation Army assisting residents who be evacuated | 21 min ago
- Man who failed in drug treatment is assigned to boot camp | 21 min ago
- Lockport man pleads guilty to statutory rape | 24 min ago
- Dispute arises with county over snow removal equipment | 26 min ago
- “Veteran” criminal draws probation for crack cocaine possession | 26 min ago
- Police identify man found dead in snow-covered car | 28 min ago
- For Lancaster crews, it’s ‘the worst’ as fight with snow goes on forever | 28 min ago View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers Soundcheck by Jeff Miers: Criticism of Springsteen reveals misunderstanding
Sullivan Marrone’s outdated approach undermines Bills’ potential
Singletary Six smart shopping tips for the holidays
Simon What a relief to have a TV heroine no one has to love
Kunz Goldman The holidays arrive early with cheap wines, yodeling pickles and Dickens in Kenmore
Robinson Don’t count us out, says Synacor’s boss
Turner Philae landing is a rare bright spot
- Delivery of gasoline, not shortage, is problem
- WNY native Edith Flanigen awarded top tech medal at White House
- Businesses that can produce during storm add to region’s reputation for resilience
- U.S. stocks climb to record levels, offsetting concerns
- Takata Corp. apologizes for flaw in air bag as sixth death is revealed View more »
- Amber Chandler: Thanksgiving is marked by a variety of traditions
- Another Voice: Plan would be historic mistake for the Outer Harbor
- Letter: Hamburg can join together to make playground special
- Letter: Brose has been unfairly singled out by prosecutors
- Letter: Cancer patients should fight, never give up hope View more »
- Mike Nichols, celebrated director, dies at 83
- Winter storm postpones ‘The Rite of Spring’
- Babel reading, MusicalFare show canceled
- Leslie Feinberg, transgender pioneer and author, dies at 65
- A bakery in Allentown, a Black Friday opening for a coffee shop and Burmese food comes to Black Rock View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Chris DiStefano
- POSTPONED: Larry Graham and Graham Central Station
- Jackie Jocko
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Christina Custode
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Museum After Hours Event
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Crochet classes
- "Jesse Walp: Ripe,"
- "Protista Imperialis v2.1,"
- Don Burns
- World Tavern Poker
- Live Music Thursdays with Ashlee Amoia
- Buffalo State Chamber Ensemble
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Obama spurns GOP with expansive immigration orders
- Florida woman latest to accuse Cosby of forced sex
- Obama calls immigration plan commonsense, lawful
- Senators get no clear answers on air bag safety
- Union: Ferguson officer does not expect charges
- Roofs collapse as Buffalo clobbered by more snow
- Journal indicates FSU shooter suspected government
- Deal divides billions in closed nuke plant's costs
- Boko Haram said to kill about 45 people in Nigeria
- Slain beauty queen, sister buried in Honduras