Speaking at 10 a.m. at UB's South Campus; unknown whether he will take questions.
A $6.6 million proposal to shorten the 38-foot-high Scoby Dam will allow steelhead trout and other lake fish to swim beyond the halfway point of Cattaraugus Creek to spawn.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Flood watch continues until 5 p.m. today.
More than $400 million will be spent on commercial and residential projects in area.
Visitors enjoyed seeing the city in bloom over the weekend.
Officially opens today; look back at images during construction.
Latest Local News
- Man hospitalized following Buffalo shooting | 46 min ago
- Driver flees after vehicle rolls over on Scajaquada Expressway | 47 min ago
- A breakdown of development on the medical corridor
- The Big Three of medical corridor development
- Vehicle catches fire at Amherst gas station, damaging store
- ‘Stuff’ parents leaves behind can be a burden for boomers
- Urbik’s grab highlights drills at Bills camp
- Adam signs two-way deal to stay with Sabres organization
- 3 rescued after small boat crashes onto Buffalo Harbor breakwater
- Bills Training Camp Capsule: A step forward View the last 24 hours of updates »
Jewell Gee Compassion and courage are his legacy
Gleason Baseball Hall of Fame worthiness is an easy call
Dabkowski Buffalo artist’s two-week trip along Erie Canal highlights environmental abuse
Simon The punishing world of ‘Big Brother’ in prime time and off-camera at local news
Pergament Removal of news director brings renewed uncertainty to Channel 4
Street The offbeat side of the news
- Ferry will be an appropriate link between the inner and outer harbors
- Roswell Park Alliance was born out of tragedy
- Stand firm on air safety Foolhardy FAA again seems willing to weaken vital pilot training rules
- Nature Watch: Photographer captures remarkable images of wildlife
- Another Voice: Recent malpractice verdict is a shot across the medical profession’s bow View more »
- Free lunchtime event series boasts comedy, music
- The Fray entertains Gratwick Park crowd with high-energy set, frontman’s gymnastics
- Eras of Great American Songbook ably represented by Rice, trio
- Buffalo artist’s two-week trip along Erie Canal highlights environmental abuse
- Listening Post: Schumann’s Three Sonatas for Violin and Piano View more »
- 170 Letter: Obama critics may not like the president's origins
- 128 Dungy wrongly vilified
- 117 As nation's attitudes continue to evolve, anti-gay bias should not be allowed
- 104 New School Board majority reaches out to restore ties to stakeholders
- 90Proposed ferry service would link Buffalo's Canalside to outer harbor
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 10 a.m. today - Live: Cuomo in Buffalo; first appearance since Moreland uproar
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Liz Longley
- King Lear
- open blues jam
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Field Ecology Adventures
- Dan Sturner duo with Lynne Fredericks
- David H. Brown
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Joe's Jam
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- live music
- Niagara County Historical Society
- "This Beautiful Journey,"
- "Mummies of the World: The Exhibition,"
- HVAA Summer Hours
- Photographs by Michael Mulley
- Mystery Readers' Mondays Book Discussion
- Meatlsmithing -- Dog Tags
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Liberia president orders new anti-Ebola measures
- Hamas leader Meshaal demands end to occupation
- Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull
- Muslims mark end of Ramadan with Eid celebrations
- Russia ordered to pay $50 billion over Yukos
- In war-struck Gaza, civilians struggle to get by
- Police team turns back from Ukraine crash site
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- UN rights chief: Flight 17 possible war crime