Members of Buffalo Teachers Federation to protest going 10 years without a contract.
As Buffalo's Twitterverse lights up in response to the new Canalside attraction, the response seems largely positive.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
School Zone blog has the latest on who's leading which schools.
$15 million plan will transform 190-acre property on outer harbor.
This is rescheduled date for canceled concert originally set for November at Flickinger Center.
In wake of recent struggle to find a solid No. 2, Mark Gaughan ranks second-string signal callers.
Latest Local News
- Duck race on tap for Saturday in Lockport | 3 min ago
- Cornell professor to speak on sewage sludge | 16 min ago
- Student found dead in lake on Adirondack campus | 17 min ago
- Niagara Power Project fishing pier reopened, but with conditions | 21 min ago
- Damage placed at $15,000 in Thomas Street fire | 23 min ago
- Crack dealers plead guilty, enter treatment | 24 min ago
- Man who stole designer jeans makes fourth trip to state prison | 26 min ago
- Cats seized at sites in Niagara County; mobile home condemned | 39 min ago
- Tonawanda Coke settles OSHA case
- Wall Street: Stocks losing momentum today View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Goodwin’s tweet shows how clueless he is
Harrington Bisons showed their mettle despite disappointing ending
Connors Sports books that made their impact on readers
Pergament Meyers among many winners at the Emmys
Turner Rioting in Ferguson teaches the wrong lesson
Sullivan It doesn’t look like a leap year for the Bills
Jewell Gee Civic watchdogs push for open government
- 433 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 224 What's wrong with the Ralph? By NFL standards, plenty
- 185 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 183 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 170 Letter: Obama's incompetency had been foreshadowed
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 5:30 p.m. today - Live updates: Jetter in Hamburg court
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Honeycutters
- Rich Robinson
- The Fresh Beat Band
- Lazer Lloyd
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- Tony DeRosa
- DJ Trivia
- Joe Head
- Gary Quatrani
- Big Sauce Trio with special guests
- open mic night
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Sideshow, comedy open mic
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Shooting by 9-year-old girl stirs debate over guns
- Dad acquitted in slaying of driver who killed sons
- Battle for Ukraine's southeast coast heats up
- California beach town sees flooding from hurricane
- Israeli premier, Hamas declare victory in Gaza war
- Police: Deaths of 2 dumped in river drug-related
- US official warns Ebola outbreak will get worse
- Sources: US considering new relief mission in Iraq
- 3 ways insurers can discourage sick from enrolling
- Boy hurt in California quake: 'I should be dead'