Gun-rights advocates estimate compliance will be less than 10 percent.
Lawrence Brose, former director of the CEPA Gallery, originally was charged with possessing child pornography and had he been convicted would have faced up to 10 years in prison. He had maintained his innocence since his arrest in 2009.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
SCARBOROUGH, Ont. – Tim Murray’s expression didn’t change as NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly unveiled the Florida Panthers as t...
Open Meetings Law applies, Robert Freeman says.
Ambushed by would-be robbers, man shoots assailant who threatened him with fake gun.
UB says program is first of its kind in the state.
Latest Local News
- Dyngus Day Parade expecting over 100 entries | 40 min ago
- Rock scaling to begin on Canadian side of Niagara Gorge | 52 min ago
- Earth Day activities Saturday at Penn Dixie | 54 min ago
- Head of Preservation Buffalo Niagara announces plans to retire
- Canalside hosting food vendor meeting
- Celebration set to unveil restored Flight of Five
- Defamation suit dismissed against former Hamburg School Board member
- People’s Pharmacy: Doctors cling to secret code of abbreviations
- Poloncarz proposes package of reforms to deal with child abuse issues
- Opt-out movement gains traction across the region View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Accountability in Sabreland will be a big deal with Murray
Simon Is it really about “Mad Men” at all? Is “Fargo” about Fargo?
Kunz Goldman BBC researches a Buffalo legend, and can this Dyngus Day possibly measure up to last?
Harrington Myers needs to perform like an elite player all the time
Jewell Gee It’s time to find the best solution to Scajaquada’s problems
Turner McCutcheon decision is destroying politics
Maziarz Christmann Spring Break day events to stay busy
- NSA spying should not contribute to the dangers posed by security flaws
- Dan Schwartz: Fans need to prepare for buffaloes to roam
- Letter: Other countries’ bridges are far superior to ours
- Letter: Pitts unfairly attacks Christianity in column
- Letter: Independent pharmacies important to communities View more »
- 244 Despite deadline, protesters 'will not comply' with NY SAFE Act
- 220 Letter: Don't force employers to fund contraceptives
- 129 Plans unveiled to revamp Scajaquada corridor
- 113 Letter: If guns are not accessible other weapons will be used
- 105Trump card: Billionaire declares interest in buying Bills, keeping them in Buffalo
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Gentle & Restorative Yoga
- Danny Brown
- Jackie Jocko
- Frank Gerard and Ray Chamberlain Quartet featuring Cheryl Ferris on vocals
- The Soloists of OPPC
- "In High Feather,"
- Frank Gerard and Ray Chamberlain Quartet featuring Janice Mitchell
- "Impure Abstraction,"
- Swamp Creatures exhibit
- Mummies of the World: The Exhibition
- Biological Regionalism: Alberto Rey
- Charles Burchfield: Family Tree
- the Karaoke Show
- SoonerTunes.com Karaoke with Okie Rich
- Extraordinary Ordinary People: American Masters of Traditional Arts
- Year of the Horse: Photography, Painting, Collage
- Art exhibit
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- NKorea complains over barber's Kim Jong Un poster
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded
- NATO ups military presence amid Russian threat
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- 283 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- A year after background check defeat, modest goals
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US