Popular Rochester restaurant expects to open its Franklin Street location in February.
Hundreds of parents and educators, some with signs that read "Children are not test rats," filled the high school auditorium for the visit Wednesday by the state education commissioner.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
84-year-old woman says her foot slipped from brake onto gas pedal.
Bills President and CEO airs concerns on his weekly radio show.
Principal said childhood obesity was the concern.
Latest Local News
- Democrats counterattack GOP as health website recovers | 17 min ago
- Snowy owls arrive early in Buffalo Niagara region | 28 min ago
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to gun, drug charges | 34 min ago
- NSA tracking cellphone locations worldwide, Snowden documents show | 42 min ago
- Our weather roller coaster due to resume
- West Seneca police, court deny access to public records on arrest in fatal DWI
- Firefighter’s plans to retire save one Fire Department job in Lockport
- High-tech sign seeks to prevent wrong-way drivers from entering Thruway
- Hurting Gilmore becomes a target
- Obama focuses agenda on relieving economic inequality View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Hurting Gilmore becomes a target
Watson If they build it, prosperity has a chance
Gleason It’s time for the light to go on for Stafford
Pergament On second thought, Demler decides Toronto mayor is not such a sweetheart
Vogl Olympics ultimate road trip for Miller
Kunz Goldman The Buzz: Shopping frenzy, Elmwood star and more
Simon ‘Mob City’ is Noir Lite for cable TV
- Service-sector growth rate slows in climate of cautious spending
- EU fines global banks for collusion
- Greenspan calls Bitcoin ‘a bubble’ with nebulous intrinsic value
- As U.S. exports hit all-time high, trade deficit falls to $40.6 billion
- Stocks struggle to make gains as investors weigh economic news View more »
- 146Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 122 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 110 Letter: SAFE Act makes criminals out of law-abiding citizens
- 92Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph
- 85 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 1 p.m. Thursday - Live chat: Sully on Sports with Jerry Sullivan
- 9 a.m. Friday - Live chat: inside the NFL with Mark Gaughan
- 12 p.m. Friday - Live chat: Miers on Music with Jeff Miers
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Trivium and DevilDriver
- Sha Na Na Rockin' Christmas Tour
- Turtle Island Quartet with Williamsville High School Orchestras
- Buffalo State Chamber Ensembles
- Speedy Parker Blues Jam
- Frank Gerard and Ray Chamberlain Quartet featuring Cheryl Ferris on vocals
- Bruce Michaels Sax Therapist
- Now You Has Jazz: Stories of America's Classical Music
- Robert Minkoff
- Vocal Jazz with Courtney Woods and Rebecca Short
- Just Buffalo Literary Cafe
- Jimmy Weldy solo
- Cantio Sacra
- HomeCare & Hospice Tree of Life
- Abigail Rockwood, organ
- UB Choir and Chorus
- Chana Kotzin
- Joe Baudo Quartet
- Skiffle Minstrels
- Joe Rozler and John Lombardo
- Sha Na Na Rockin' Christmas Tour
- Miss Tess & the Talkbacks
- Daemen College 2013 Visual & Performing Arts Department Faculty Exhibition
- Miracle on South Division Street
- classic country with the Lunch Bunch
- A Christmas Carol
- Tom Kolor, percussion
- "On the Edge" class performance
- The Philadelphia Story
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!