The state Education Department released the latest graduation rate data for the 2013-14 school year.
The graduation rate for Buffalo Public Schools stayed flat between 2013 and 2014. Lafayette High School, pictured, graduated only 16% of its students in 2014, down from 26% in 2013.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Jeffrey Deats, 28, charged after baby dies of head trauma.
CEO says he does not know how many of bank's 2,200 WNY employees will be cut.
Mike Harrington gives a grade to every player. Zemgus Girgensons gets an A.
Latest Local News
- CCS Hamburg clinic takes over radiation oncology from Dunkirk hospital | 48 min ago
- White paint pigment maker opening Tonawanda plant | 50 min ago
- Annual Holiday Alumni Concert on tap for Lake Shore High School
- November job growth slow in Buffalo Niagara region
- Niagara Falls lawmakers voting on buying body cameras for police
- Singer Caitlin Koch to headline New Year’s Eve ball drop in Buffalo
- Falls festival founder sentenced to community service
- Former Collins’ staffer joins Buffalo Niagara Partnership
- District rejects fact-finder’s call for 12 percent raise for teachers
- Weather of 2014: Month by month recap of a memorable year View the last 24 hours of updates »
Simon ‘The Interview’ controversy proves there is still such a thing as going too far
Watson Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority needs to hire its own police force
Sullivan Bills willing to forgive, and it’s paying off
Miers Was it the ‘suits’ or the Internet that did the most damage to the music industry?
Pergament Mary Beth Wrobel returns to Channel 2
Gleason Would Bills take a shot at Cutler?
Kunz Goldman Wassailing in Williamsville, pleading with the pope, and why “The Messiah” is Irish
- Letter: Chautauqua’s plan for amphitheater is a disgrace
- Another Voice: Public must have a voice in future of Buffalo schools
- After complaint goes public, Canada adds staff to reduce delays at border
- Letter: Looters should make restitution to victims
- Wendy Schreiner: Christmas traditions make season special View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
Order the "Wall of Snow" book
A hardcover pictorial that captures unprecedented lake-effect snowstorm of November 2014.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Kerfuffle Before Christmas
- Jackie Jocko
- Live Music Thursdays with Ashlee Amoia
- Christina Custode
- World Tavern Poker
- SteveUrge Karaoke
- "For the Birds ... and For Those Who Enjoy Them,"
- country night
- "Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion,"
- 2014 Audubon Nature Photo Exhibit
- open mic with Alison and Michael from Widow Maker
- "Marion Faller: Inquisitive Lens,"
- Museum After Hours Event
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Crochet classes
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Slain German teen's parents testify about ordeal
- Bruce and Kris Jenner finalize divorce
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Reformers target traffic courts after Ferguson
- Analysis: New focus on how Pakistan will address militancy
- Lauren Hill to become honorary coach
- Craig Ferguson to end 10 years as host of 'Late Late Show'
- Tsarnaev appears in court for 1st time since 2013
- Exiles divided on plans to thaw US-Cuba relations
- Not much chance of Congress stopping Cuba policy