See all of the News' stories on the March blizzard.
Snowfall began winding down just after 3 p.m. as a colder air mass moved in over the region. Forecasters warned that snow would still pile up quickly.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Blizzard and a busy season have kept highway crews and equipment going.
'This weather event is going to be increasingly worse. Find a safe place to be.'
Today's closures mean administrators must juggle school calendars again.
Due to today's blizzard, the Buffalo News is offering free access to all stories today.
Latest Local News
- Police report most Niagara County roads are passable
- Transportation workers were ready for storm | 7 min ago
- | 8 min ago
- 11% increase reported in loans by SBA | 13 min ago
- Jamestown man held in drunken driving case | 14 min ago
- Health care aide held in victimization of elderly woman | 22 min ago
- Lipke plans to sell 15 percent of his Gibraltar stock | 25 min ago
- Eastbound Thruway closed west of Syracuse, open in Buffalo area | 28 min ago
- Marilla residents to fight sludge storage on their land | 35 min ago
- Candy, coffee, beer and rye flour on blizzard day shopping lists in Youngstown | 38 min ago View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Regaining a home game improves Bills already
Harrington Numminen’s concern for Peverley is heartfelt
Simon ‘True Detective’ finale failed to live up to the show’s dark existential standard
Gleason Free agents love numbers, not the truth
Maziarz Christmann Stopping scammers in their tracks
Turner Democrats ought to embrace budget
Robinson Synacor is battling headwinds
- Another Voice: Health care across New York needs access to federal Medicaid waiver funds
- Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- Letter: Let’s start building a better light rail
- Letter: Cuomo should have to face a better GOP candidate
- Letter: Bishop needs to admit that he made a mistake View more »
- 483Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 334 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 236 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 213 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
- 179 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Inside Amy Schumer's Backdoor Tour
- Porgy and Bess
- Porgy and Bess
- Jackie Jocko
- St. Practice Day Party
- Extraordinary Ordinary People: American Masters of Traditional Arts
- Swamp Creatures exhibit
- "Lily Booth: Grace and Muster,"
- Sixth annual African American Art Festival
- "Bridging The Great Divide,"
- Fly Fishing: A Celebration of the stream
- Juried Members Exhibition: Traditional Works
- David & Julius McCann
- Frank Scinta
- The Who's Tommy
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Honor student who sued parents returns home
- CIA lawyer at center of computer snooping clash
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- White House told of CIA move against Senate aides
- Last transmission from missing plane was routine
- Afghan forces kill 3 attackers in battle in south
- AP PHOTOS: Deadly blast levels 2 Harlem buildings
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- 3-year theory: Big renewal deal for 'Big Bang'