On this date in 1914, The News looked back 100 years to the date the British burned the Capitol.
Buffalo Democrat said he ran into some tough times financially after he lost state Senate seat in 2010, but said he worked out a 3-year payment plan with the Internal Revenue Service last year for the back taxes records show he owed at end of 2013.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Sacca's comments on teen fatally shot by officer stirs firestorm on Internet.
Police have not released names of victims, are appealing to public for information.
Pair of homeless men face charges of murder, carjacking and theft in death of Mary E. Whitaker.
Bills Hall of Famer says 'thank you, thank you' for cards, pictures from well-wishers.
Latest Local News
- In church or on school bus, pastor’s people skills come in handy
- Mid-Erie changing name, running logo contest
- Falls man charged with DWI while driving with two children
- Closing on sale of 5 downtown buildings owned by David Sweet postponed
- Photo Gallery: Elmwood arts festival through the years
- Bisons prepared to begin major ballpark renovations
- Bar Association rates judicial candidates
- Gov. Cuomo touts Fort Drum’s strengths in letter to top Army officials
- Time for Bills to make a point
- New service levels announced for two Metro Bus routes View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Love deal is a steal for Minnesota
Harrington Top NHL prospect McDavid in town
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
- Veronica Hogle: Ragged letter recalls a bold Fenian man
- Another Voice: Teachers working hard to make proper use of data
- It seems to us: Voice on an era silenced; few partners, many guests, and Mo’ne shows them
- Letter: Criticism of radio show is unwarranted and unfair
- Letter: Vietnam troops experienced a much different Woodstock View more »
- 268 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 176 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 160 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 117 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
- 106 With both sides to blame for broken government, Obama fills void with executive orders
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 4:30 p.m. today - Live blog: Tampa Bay Bucs at Buffalo Bills
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Zak Brown
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Stand-up and Improv Comedy
- R&B Revue
- History and Hauntings
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- Alden Farmers' Market
- CSz After Hours
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- Fire Magick and Cyr Wheel Man
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- "The Holiday Series,"
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Airlines on alert as eruption begins in Iceland
- Ferguson streets stay calm after violent nights
- Bombings kill 30 in Iraq after Sunni mosque attack
- Israeli airstrike collapses Gaza apartment tower
- AP Sources: Love traded to Cavaliers, joins LeBron
- Thousands turn out for rally over chokehold death
- Sierra Leone makes hiding Ebola patients illegal
- Russian aid trucks leave; highlight dire needs
- 2 Europe navigation satellites in the wrong orbits
- Ferguson residents struggling with daily life