District needed to, but didn't, extend the school day for middle school students.
Tyson said the Buffalo facility, at 665 Perry St., will close during the first half of 2015, but it did not specify a date. The company said it was also closing two other plants, in Iowa and New Mexico. Combined, the three plants have about 950 jobs.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Also Thursday, State Liquor Authority filed 8 charges against holder of bar's liquor license.
The claim that a crumbling Terrapin Point would kill dozens drew national media attention.
Buffalo police are investigating the death, which appears to have been an accident.
Alan Pergament reviews the sequel to the campy Syfy success of 2013.
Latest Local News
- First Niagara’s second quarter net income rises 3.8 percent | 7 min ago
- Cameron plans to invest $6.5 million in Cheektowaga plant | 13 min ago
- Moog’s profits soar to $48 million for quarter | 17 min ago
- Baidu surges to record high for week, leading a rally by Chinese stocks in U.S. | 22 min ago
- Marilla town attorney to meet with DEC on fertilizer permit | 33 min ago
- Cherry Creek man charged with robbing Amish store owner | 37 min ago
- Algae blooms confirmed at three Western New York locations | 53 min ago
- Convicted burglar faces prison for plea in attempted shooting | 56 min ago
- Celebration of 100 years and resurgence at Hamburg Town Beach and Park
- Jury in Fredonia murder case asks for further definition of ‘insanity defense’ View the last 24 hours of updates »
Pergament A Buffalo-tinged ‘Sharknado 2’ is stupid, silly fun
Gleason Dungy wrongly vilified
Esmonde Hamburg parents stay strong as district reels
Miers How I spent my summer vacation: Catching a lot of Phish, concerts
Simon James Garner, the heroic antihero and light comic heavyweight
Kunz Goldman Marvin Gaye meets UB, Aretha Franklin meets Zumba and Buffalonians wear vegetables on their heads
Christmann 10 steps to financial security
- Cameron plans to invest $6.5 million in Cheektowaga plant
- Moog’s profits soar to $48 million for quarter
- Marilla town attorney to meet with DEC on fertilizer permit
- Cherry Creek man charged with robbing Amish store owner
- Molly’s case ‘a minute away from becoming a murder case,’ prosecutor says View more »
- Jill Gugino-Redman: Unique friendship began on Christmas Eve
- Letter: Ferry project should not involve the hauling of cars
- Letter: Cheney casts a long shadow, even years away from office
- Letter: If you want to find Hochul, look in your own backyard
- Letter: Israel is only protecting itself by responding in kind View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Smokey Robinson
- Keith Urban
- Time Jumpers
- Matthew Good
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Alfie Allessandra
- live music
- live music
- Tom Hastings
- entertainer Al Krew
- DJ Brandon Chase
- karaoke hosted by DeeJay Segay
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- the Jazz Example
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
- "Rita's Choice: Inspring Friends,"
- "Birds of Western New York,"
- Gary Quatrani
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Migrants: Obama urges Latin leaders, GOP to help
- Official: Hospital gunman intended to kill others
- Large Sandy-struck family splits $20M lottery win
- After teen pilot's crash, how young is too young?
- US: Russia is firing across border into Ukraine
- Teams converge on remote site to probe plane crash
- Kerry says no deal yet for 7-day truce in Gaza
- What happened? The day Flight 17 was downed
- AP ANALYSIS: Old story, new twists in Gaza war
- In Gaza, pediatrics wing crowded with war wounded