Sean P. Keenan, 21, faces charges of second-degree murder.
New standards will be implemented over the next couple years so that more minority students are admitted to City Honors, Olmsted 64, Olmsted 156, Leonardo DaVinci High School, Hutchinson Central-Technical High School and Emerson School of Hospality.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
NBA star and Akron, Ohio, native spent four years with Miami Heat after seven years with Cavaliers.
The familiar face and down-to-earth attitude of Buffalo actor William Fichtner
Government informant Quincy Turner was fatally shot six years ago.
Story about state's requirement for a license is false, officials say.
Latest Local News
- Progress slow on regional water supply redistricting | 14 min ago
- McDuffie to become chairwoman of ECIDA | 21 min ago
- Mongielo will not go to jail for sign violation, Murphy rules | 35 min ago
- Dunkin’ dips into WNY with promotion of Jeff Miller to head of product development | 39 min ago
- CAO assuming direct operation of six Head Start locations
- Pair of events in celebration of Ramadan set for Thursday
- Damage placed at $2,000 in cellblock fire linked to county jail inmate
- 10-year-old Depew girl recognized for environmental leadership
- Guns stolen from Buffalo Police Traffic Division
- Town of Tonawanda to conduct dog census View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Kelly at his best battling cancer
Robinson Silevo has more going for it than Solyndra
Esmonde Parking isn’t the way to go at Canalside
Kunz Goldman Zumba in the park, Formal Fridays at the bank, and the rockets’ and dietitians’ red glare
Sullivan Sabres moves, Kiko injury vex Buffalo’s greatest sports fan
Simon Miley Cyrus and other subjects of runaway gossip in the Global Village
Jewell Gee Now is the time to offer ideas for outer harbor
- Another Voice: Outer harbor planning process off to an innovative start
- As stain of police misconduct grows, Council should reopen Cariole Horne pension case
- Kenneth Holley: Powerful storyteller captivates audience
- Letter: Beware hidden fees from funeral homes
- Letter: Keep stadium, condos away from outer harbor View more »
- 325 Letter: Court made right call in Hobby Lobby ruling
- 178 Buffalo Board of Education hopes to increase seats at top-performing schools
- 165 Where should the Bills build a new stadium?
- 150 Another Voice: Congress must respond to devastating Hobby Lobby ruling
- 136 Letter: Let's hope Hillary is on her way out
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- City and Colour
- Jennifer Nettles
- TNA Impact Wrestling
- Menopause, the Musical
- Les Dudek
- Molly Hatchet
- The Voice Tour
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Alfie Allessandra
- live music
- live music
- Tom Hastings
- entertainer Al Krew
- 31 Nights featuring Deep House & Techno
- DJ Brandon Chase
- Macedonian Festival
- karaoke hosted by DeeJay Segay
- Buffalo ComedySportz
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Automotive & Vehicles
- House chairman: $3.7 billion request 'too much'
- LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home'
- Texas shooting suspect collapses twice in court
- Polar vortex? Nope, just cooler Midwestern temps
- The Return: Cleveland welcomes LeBron back
- US struggles to resolve Afghan election crisis
- Commanders: Benghazi rescue hampered by info lack
- Iraqi Kurds take over 2 northern oil fields
- Israel leader: World pressure won't stop offensive
- Eastern Ukrainians flee as army suffers losses