Meteorologists say winds could get worse; over 5,000 without power.
As Lancaster takes steps to mitigate flooding, Buffalo Creek is close to its 7-foot flood stage, as well.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Follow in-game updates from The News' sports reporters.
Although Buffalo Public Schools reopen Tuesday, some other districts remain closed.
Bills fans go the distance for their team as it faces off against the Jets.
Panel was to determine whether to charge police officer Darren Wilson in Michael Brown's death.
Latest Local News
- Two men now dead from Langfield Drive shooting | 2 min ago
- Town officials hoping FEMA will help cover costs of damages from snowstorm | 3 min ago
- Black Friday Boutique Crawl on tap for Elmwood Avenue | 26 min ago
- Aggravated DWI charge lodged in Silver Creek | 31 min ago
- Wrong-way motorist arrested for DWI on I-86 | 34 min ago
- Factory wages falling to the point that they can’t support middle-class life | 35 min ago
- Red Cross snowstorm relief effforts spelled out in report | 39 min ago
- Stocks extend record highs on confidence in global economy | 40 min ago
- Gasoline prices drop to lowest in 4 years | 47 min ago
- Learning a lesson, retailers offer same-day delivery for the holidays View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Traveling fans have motors that don’t quit
Turner Shipping via pipeline is much safer than rail
Jewell Gee Hey, world, we’re more than weather
Christmann Do’s and Don’ts for Black Friday shoppers
Pergament Dick Greene finds that now is a good time to own Timeless WECK
Dabkowski Remembering author Leslie Feinberg, chronicler of blue-collar Buffalo
Carucci Inside the NFL / By Vic Carucci: Offensive line at the heart of the Patriots’ surge
- 396 Letter: It's time to put Christ back into Christmas
- 250 Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist 'felt like I was underground, buried in a casket,'
- 223 Alden couple escapes roof collapse, laments loss of family home
- 217 Day Two: 5 dead, 60 inches of snow so far, more coming
- 201 Schools, roads close as storm batters region overnight
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Harvey and the Hurricanes with Dr. Z open blues night
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Treasured Childhood Memories
- open blues jam
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- World Tavern Poker
- Stitching Sisters
- open mic with Mike Hund
- alternative music
- Sacred Spaces
- Zoe Muth & The Lost High Rollers
- Wampum belt display
- Joe Webber
- karaoke with J. Love
- Jack and the Coax
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson shooting
- Iran nuclear talks stumble, extended until July
- Kerouac letter discovery shows poet didn't toss it
- Russia gets greater control over Black Sea region
- Police: 1 suspect confessed to killing 5 women
- Erdogan: women are not equal to men
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon chief
- Swiss museum gets huge, priceless art trove
- Japan's young fret as unexpected recession hits
- Mom charged with trying to kill baby left in drain