Community leaders says that school choice policy, with its busing of kids, 'is harmful.'
Assemblyman Michael P. Kearns says New Stadium Working Group needs to keep the public informed on its hunt for a potential new home location for the Buffalo Bills.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Measure to dissolve village is defeated 222-209, but issue can be revisited in four years.
Niagara Falls, Buffalo's outer harbor reportedly out of the running for new Buffalo Bills home.
Ruling follows murder conviction for suffocating her 8-year-old daughter nearly four years ago.
The unusual artwork is the first of what will be a series of public pieces.
Latest Local News
- Oshun opens doors to downtown Art Deco seafood parlor
- Bills scramble for answers to back up EJ
- Orchard Park school officials worry over impact of spring test refusals
- Goodwin’s tweet shows how clueless he is
- Tonawanda City School Board OKs funding for Riverside roof repair
- Bills notebook: Marrone heartened by Bills injury report
- Vacant lot in Menkore will be spruced up
- Native American tradition of the dugout canoe recreated at Old Fort Niagara
- Large East Side eyesore bought with hopes for redevelopment
- Minnesota Avenue woman and teenaged boy arrested for threatening two men View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Goodwin’s tweet shows how clueless he is
Harrington Bisons showed their mettle despite disappointing ending
Connors Sports books that made their impact on readers
Pergament Meyers among many winners at the Emmys
Turner Rioting in Ferguson teaches the wrong lesson
Sullivan It doesn’t look like a leap year for the Bills
Jewell Gee Civic watchdogs push for open government
- 416 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 220 What's wrong with the Ralph? By NFL standards, plenty
- 185 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 183 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 167 Letter: Obama's incompetency had been foreshadowed
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- The Fresh Beat Band
- The Honeycutters
- Lazer Lloyd
- Rich Robinson
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- "The Holiday Series,"
- Niagara Frontier Art Exhibit
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex.
- Band Named Sue
- Eclectic Revival
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Gaza cease-fire holds as sides weigh gains
- Women's World Cup turf war heats up
- AP source: American militant said killed in Syria
- Video games come of age as spectator sport
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Journalist held captive in Syria arrives in US
- Afghanistan's one-time booming war economy slows
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Crist makes Florida comeback bid as 4 states vote
- Ebola has 'upper hand' says US health official