Stormy prelude, renaissance vibe enhance pre-Thanksgiving ritual.
Super Bowl-era Bills are like superheroes to the fans, but Talley’s story is devastatingly real. At 54, his life is in tatters – his body wrecked and mind deteriorating, with no relief in sight.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Retailers await consumers' response to Thanksgiving openings.
Emotions run deep in stories of people who endured last week's storm.
U.S. attorney says investigation of Sept. 6 murders continues.
Congregants are moving to Jewett Parkway.
Latest Local News
- A thin blue line hampers Sabres | 25 min ago
- West Seneca man robbed in Elmwood Village
- Buffalo firefighters extinguish garage fire
- Lockport shooting suspect charged with hate crime
- Lockport Council approves hikes in water and sewer rates
- Town of Lewiston sues Niagara County over location of radio tower
- Fire inspections planned in Forestville
- U.S. collects over $20 million in civil and criminal actions
- Pet massage therapy gaining in popularity
- President of West Virginia University seeks change of culture View the last 24 hours of updates »
Watson Inequity isn’t on list to be thankful for
Gleason Daemen player’s dedication may get him shot at NBA
Miers It’s been a tough week in WNY, but here are a few reasons to give thanks
Sullivan Sully: Win after week of adversity is anything but routine
Kunz Goldman Tales from the storm, weird pictures and high-pitched noises
Turner Shipping via pipeline is much safer than rail
Jewell Gee Hey, world, we’re more than weather
- State-run weather forecasting system could provide vital advance warning
- Carol Ann Saraceno-Sackett: Memories of past mix with visions of future
- Letter: Buffalo again proves its citizens are tough
- Letter: Canisius right to seek thorough investigation
- Letter: Don’t compare store clerks to health care professionals View more »
- 445 Letter: It's time to put Christ back into Christmas
- 267 Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist 'felt like I was underground, buried in a casket,'
- 225 Alden couple escapes roof collapse, laments loss of family home
- 207 Day 3: Eight dead, roofs now collapsing
- 196 Letter: President's denials just keep on coming
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 7 p.m. Friday - Live coverage: Canadiens at Sabres
- 12 p.m. Saturday - #PrepTalkLive from football's Championship Saturday
- 2 p.m. Saturday - Live coverage: Big 4 Basketball Classic
- 7 p.m. Saturday - Live coverage: Sabres at Canadiens
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Greg Klyma
- Jackie Jocko
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- open mic with Jeremy
- Comedy open mic
- open mic
- World Tavern Poker
- World Tavern Poker
- the Bravuras
- Gimme Buffett
- Alibi Pass
- Toddler Time
- Pre-Turkey Day Superjam
- "For the Birds ... and For Those Who Enjoy Them,"
- open mic blues jam with Harvey and the Hurricanes
- "Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Hong Kong police arrest protesters, 7 officers
- Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies
- Ferguson residents clean up, hope for calm night
- Cosby testimony describes accuser's spiked story
- Holiday travelers greeted by cheap gas, storms
- In Ferguson, mundane choices lead to tragedy
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- Canadian ex-radio host charged with sexual assault
- Obama defends legal authority _ to pardon turkeys
- Turkey's great escape foils our Thanksgiving plans