Syfy movie, partly shot in Buffalo, drew more local viewers than ABC, Fox programs.
Area employers in the next decade will need to hire 165,000 workers, many of them for jobs spawned by the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and the RiverBend energy hub. Meeting that demand depends largely on the success of the Buffalo Public Schools.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Reported offers in the billions far outstrip Forbes estimate of $870 million for team's worth.
No word from the superintendent as officials are 'hoping for a resignation.'
Rain, thunder in forecast for both Saturday and Sunday.
Incidents closed part of Big Tree Road for a time.
Latest Local News
- Exhibit highlighting plastic pollutants in Great Lakes opens Friday in Hamburg | 2 min ago
- Graham Corp.’s earnings slip | 20 min ago
- Erie County Sheriff’s deputies, staffers to wear black badge Friday for deputy killed in 1925 | 39 min ago
- Man charged with May 13 cab driver shooting | 42 min ago
- Jamestown drug ring arrests add to county’s growing legal budget | 46 min ago
- West Seneca cancels Friday night movie
- Toronto Sun: Bon Jovi group unlikely to outbid Pegula for Bills
- Columbus McKinnon sees profits slip
- Sovran’s earnings swell on busy spring storage season
- Markel seeks return to Cheektowaga Town Board View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason In chase for the Bills, Terry Pegula is the quiet bidder who will refuse to lose
Miers A critic answers his critics on Bruno Mars review
Sullivan Rice penalty is an insult to women
Robinson New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy
Kunz Goldman Loose-lipped bartenders, the stowaway cat, and a game show where you win peanuts
Pergament A Buffalo-tinged ‘Sharknado 2’ is stupid, silly fun
Christmann Time to start planning for Christmas in July
- Weekend weather looks to remain wet, except for part of Friday
- Exhibit highlighting plastic pollutants in Great Lakes opens Friday in Hamburg
- Graham Corp.’s earnings slip
- Erie County Sheriff’s deputies, staffers to wear black badge Friday for deputy killed in 1925
- Man charged with May 13 cab driver shooting View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Mary Poppins
- Sheila E.
- Random Holiday
- The Temptations
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Karaoke with Rob D Entertainment
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Indian Classical Music
- Patti Parks Band
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- Mike and Alison of Widow Maker open mic
- Civiletto Sings Sinatra
- "On the Road and in the Book,"
- Field Ecology Adventures
- Christina Custode
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Mary Poppins
- Disney Junior Live: Pirate & Princess Adventure
- Drums Along the Waterfront, Tour of Champions
- 2014 Kingdom Bound Music Festival
- King Lear
- "From the Mercantile to the Mall,"
- WNY Championship Tractor Pull
- First Sunday Tours of The Hotel @ Lafayette
- DJ Pinja
- Sweet Tumbleweed with Jack Civiletto
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Congress races to finish veterans, highway bills
- Target names Pepsi's Cornell as chairman, CEO
- Investigators make it to Ukraine jet crash site
- W. Africa Ebola outbreak tops 700 deaths
- AP Photos: Beating heat on Pyongyang's Moran Hill
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Argentina slides into second default as talks fail
- Investigators reach Ukraine crash site
- Mudslide swallows Indian village; at least 30 dead
- GOP: Lerner emails show bias against conservatives