'If ever a movie weren’t worth all this hand-wringing, it’s this one,' he writes.
It's not just a matter of willpower: Cigarettes are powerfully addictive, and quitting is difficult. Refresh takes a look at some strategies for breaking the smoking habit.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Says he'll make decision about the former local high school football star after Jan. 5 court date.
45 years ago, many of Buffalo’s finest nightclubs were advertising specials for New Year’s Eve.
Food critic gives list, in alphabetical order, of his top 10 in golden year for Buffalo food.
Latest Local News
- ‘Interview’ attracts new crowds to see Franco & Rogan | 3 min ago
- U.S. economy begins 2014 shaky, finishes strong | 43 min ago
- The year in local sports | 52 min ago
- Airstream can’t keep up with demand for its shiny aluminum campers
- Missouri is 1st state to see average gas price below $2 a gallon
- Start-Up NY participant may move to Atlanta instead of Buffalo
- Falls City Council votes to help fund New Year’s Eve concert
- On the Record / Dec. 27, 2014
- Chrysler rides a 5-year streak
- North Tonawanda clerk-treasurer resigning to head Ortt’s staff View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Pegulas have decisions to make soon
Sullivan Rex bemoans what could have been
Pergament Channel 2 is the big winner in November sweeps
Miers An alternative holiday playlist
Simon Hollywood ineptitude an entire world can see
Carucci Inside the NFL: Ihedigbo, Quin a dynamic duo for Lions
- 2014: Adam Zyglis’ best political cartoons
- Letter: It’s likely that mankind created the notion of God
- Developer deserves credit for promising project will reflect Canalside’s heritage
- Another Voice: Who looks out for police while they look out for us?
- Gladys Gifford: Modern conveniences often come at a price View more »
- ‘Interview’ attracts new crowds to see Franco & Rogan
- Jeff Simon reviews 'The Interview'
- One of the true ‘stars’ of ‘Dancing With the Stars’ talks about the live tour beginning this evening
- Area musicians gather at Town Ballroom to celebrate the life of Joe Strummer
- Wahlberg looks for respectability in 'The Gambler' View more »
- 245 Former high school football star Kelly arrested in scuffle with police
- 201 Same old Bills emerge as season fades to black
- 176 Letter: It's likely that mankind created the notion of God
- 175 Bills fans shouldn't be stuck with this
- 150 Incendiary rhetoric tarnishes mourning for two murdered NYPD officers
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 10 a.m. Saturday - #PrepTalkLive from hoops tournaments, hockey & more
- 7 p.m. Saturday - Live coverage: Islanders at Sabres
- 11:15 a.m. Sunday - Live coverage: Bills at Patriots
- 8 p.m. Sunday - Live updates from Big 4 basketball: UB men at Wisconsin
Order the "Wall of Snow" book
A hardcover pictorial that captures unprecedented lake-effect snowstorm of November 2014.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Alfie Allessandra
- belly dancing show
- open mic
- live music
- Tom Hastings
- DJ Brandon Chase
- "Jesse Walp: Ripe,"
- "Protista Imperialis v2.1,"
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- "Alexandra P. Spaulding: the one that i've kept closest,"
- "Marion Faller: Inquisitive Lens,"
- Resident Artists Exhibition and Sale
- The Nightmare After Christmas Party
- "Community: A GCC Photography Exhibit,"
- "Gift From the Heart,"
- "Arts Work,"
- "What's Left of the Farm,"
- Annual Resident Artist Show and Sale
- Steve Balesteri
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Fellow officers salute NY cop's flag-draped casket
- US stocks close higher, extending gains for the week
- 10th anniversary of tsunami is marked with tears
- In 2014, US economy showed increasing resilience
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top threat
- Pregnant woman taken off life support in Ireland
- Turkish teen accused of insulting Erdogan freed from custody
- Sanders: I'll decide on presidential run by March
- Midwestern governors build credentials for 2016
- Leaving Cuba: A father and son risk lives at sea