Brewery and beer garden on Niagara Street is great addition to Buffalo's flourishing beer scene.
An increasing numbers of hikers, scientists and even a crew from a TV show are visiting Chestnut Ridge Park to glimpse the ‘world record’ Eternal Flame.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Remarks from top state engineer infuriate residents.
Authorities learned of incidents with 2 girls through social media postings.
Town denies News request to read feasibility study of Congel's plan for Seneca Place project.
Celebrities, citizens alike embrace the chilly social media dare and the cause it benefits.
Latest Local News
- Lockport ‘Bark for Life’ to raise money for cancer research | 10 min ago
- Chris Collins urges Cuomo to permit fracking, blasts solar, wind subsidies | 24 min ago
- New law firm outgrows its space | 29 min ago
- Settlement in Cheektowaga workplace lawsuit
- Buffalo man killed in rollover crash at Youngmann exit
- Artists explore new fascinations at Casa de Arte
- Jester, sea lion at the Buffalo Zoo, dies
- Springville-Griffith school board authorizes webmaster’s summer stipend
- Wales residents offer postal views
- Science fiction is the inspiration for creations at engineers conference View the last 24 hours of updates »
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Gleason Jeter ranks with sports’ top legends
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
Christmann Try-before-you-buy apps let you sample everything from makeup to furniture
Jewell Gee Cogan’s ghost hangs over Niagara Falls’ hopes
- Charles Lamb: Did you really say what I heard you say?
- Court overturns attempt to seal reports on conditions at county’s two lockups
- Another Voice: Obama, Cuomo blocking action to reduce energy bills
- Letter: Firing Higgins, Cuomo will increase student rolls
- Letter: NFL owners would not mind if the Bills moved to Canada View more »
- 916 Letter: Many people believe gay marriage is wrong
- 326 Letter: Lack of responsibility fuels food stamp crisis
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 131 63 Buffalo teachers told they may not have jobs
- 116 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- "The Holiday Series,"
- Niagara Frontier Art Exhibit
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex.
- Brothers of Invention
- the Strangers
- PBS coverage of 1973 standoff at Wounded Knee
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Liberian security forces seal slum to halt Ebola
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Pakistan lawmakers meet amid mass protests
- 36 dead, 7 missing in Hiroshima landslide
- Rebel city: 34 killed in fighting in 24 hours
- Israel, Gaza militants trade fire after talks fail
- Iraqis in besieged town appeal to army for help
- Ukraine's rebel capital seeks ersatz normality
- Embattled Sen. Begich's secret weapon: Alaska
- Global cruise lines set sail for China