Move will pressure NFL to open all pro football games to TV coverage.
Victim, 24, told police that others had been brutalized by the suspect, 67-year-old Lewiston businessman Iver Phallen.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Neighbors say Phallen's the last person they'd expect to face kidnapping, torture allegations.
Alan Pergament says new weather-heavy formula won't work.
James Roberts will feature Cajun, southern-style fare
2 firefighters treated at scene; cat rescued from fire.
Latest Local News
- Perry supports Astorino; may be prepping for another shot at presidency | 1 min ago
- New federal rule allows freighters to dump cargo remnants into Great Lakes | 9 min ago
- Common Council wants state to relieve Buffalo of Skyway duties | 21 min ago
- FCC ruling pressures NFL to end blackouts | 41 min ago
- Underwater explorers find sunken steamship | 45 min ago
- Synacor cuts 70 jobs as tech firm’s sales decline | 45 min ago
- Runways to be named in honor of former Supreme Court justice | 50 min ago
- Benderson Development expected to renovate former North Park Branch Library on Delaware and Hertel avenues | 56 min ago
- Electric bills could be lower this winter
- Buffalo Niagara Enterprise reports 5-year high in bringing projects View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Benching proves EJ can’t cut it
Kunz Goldman Violent Tweets, a bluesmen’s mutterings – and blackbirds, growlers and reapers
Simon Where is Shannon Sharpe now when we really need him?
Dabkowski German painter Anselm Kiefer is Silo City’s newest fan
Turner ISIS is history’s latest cycle of fanaticism
Christmann Dress like a cheapskate with style
Jewell Gee Want to gauge city’s psyche? Ask a cabbie
- Perry supports Astorino; may be prepping for another shot at presidency
- New federal rule allows freighters to dump cargo remnants into Great Lakes
- Common Council wants state to relieve Buffalo of Skyway duties
- Police believe Phallen may have victimized others
- Family of eight left homeless after West Side fire View more »
- Synacor cuts 70 jobs as tech firm’s sales decline
- Benderson Development expected to renovate former North Park Branch Library on Delaware and Hertel avenues
- Electric bills could be lower this winter
- On the Record / Oct. 1, 2014
- Buffalo Niagara Enterprise reports 5-year high in bringing projects View more »
- Another Voice: ‘Reform’ threatens to hurt prosecutions by enabling witness intimidation
- Voters, not the two party chairmen, should decide who wins judgeships
- Grace E. Herrmann: Savoring memories of old school days
- Letter: Public opinion ignored in waterfront planning
- Letter: Military service should be requirement for presidency View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Joe Donohue's Bathtub Gin followed by the Stripteasers
- King Lear
- Alfie Allessandra
- open mic/jam
- open mic hosted by Doc Stuart
- Alternative Transmission
- Food Truck Tuesday
- Twang Gang
- John Culliton Mahoney
- open mic TuTuTuesday
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul
- DJ Trivia
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex.
- "Butterflies and bees: Images of golden gloves boxing,"
- DJ Wrapid
- Bike Night hosted by Bulldog
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Obama calls for dismantling IS 'network of death'
- Snowden honored with 'alternative Nobel'
- Goodbye 300? World Bowling eyes radical changes
- Suspect charged in case of missing UVa student
- Jordan acquits radical cleric of terrorism charges
- Turks leave for "family-friendly" IS group
- Anti-addiction groups call for new FDA chief
- Indonesia enlists wasps in war on crop killer
- Obama to address UN amid new Mideast strikes
- Police: Fired UPS employee kills 2 ex-colleagues