Justice Dept. has said it will not prosecute marijuana sales on native lands.
The downtown site, one of the three favored city locations, places a new stadium within an area that would impact several businesses, including the Pierce-Arrow Museum and Chef's.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
No charges have been filed in the December 2013 death of Barry T. Moss.
Winter weather advisory from 1 p.m. Thursday-10 a.m. Friday for southern Erie County, Southern Tier.
Candidates for Assembly speaker scramble to line up votes.
The infamous blizzard was 38 years ago today, but it had much in common with November's storms.
Latest Local News
- Living in the land of Gronk | 21 min ago
- Lancaster police line board room as promotion and hire OK’d | 43 min ago
- Veterans urge Lockport to grant them school tax breaks
- Niagara Falls pedestrian hit by a car in stable condition
- Next in line for Assembly speaker?
- Bringing history to life through art
- A tasty Thai meal
- Bills will rise, fall with Roman
- Seahawks’ Wilson on verge of making history
- Bills’ Jackson says Patriots don’t need to cheat to win View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Living in the land of Gronk
Watson Public needs to take back campaigns
Miers Five things every Buffalo music lover should do once
Pergament The long-range forecast for Don Paul at Channel 4 looks like it could get stormy
Jewell Gee Ask Pontiac about effect of dead stadium
Christmann Anyone can fall prey to scam artists
Turner Sharpton’s legacy is nothing to be proud of
- Seneca lawyer sponsors conference to tap into legal marijuana sales
- Niagara Falls Planning Board grants 11-month extension to Covanta for expansion of incinerator facility
- Buffalo Billion making an impact, expert says
- Facebook’s revenue, profit top estimates as mobile ads surge
- Yahoo’s spinoff of Alibaba lays bare a weakness in its core business View more »
- 236 Poll: Majority favors downtown stadium for Bills
- 230 Two ask Pope Francis to investigate how Buffalo diocese handled sex abuse claims
- 221National writer declares Sabres 'not worthy' of drafting McDavid, Eichel
- 204 Letter: Terrorists aren't afraid of civilians bearing arms
- 203 Letter: Citizens United ruling hurts democratic system
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 11:30 a.m. today - Live chat: Miers on Music with Pop Music Critic Jeff Miers
Order the "Wall of Snow" book
A hardcover pictorial that captures unprecedented lake-effect snowstorm of November 2014.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Reverend Horton Heat
- A Public Reading of an Unproduced Screenplay About the Death of Walt Disney
- "Protista Imperialis v2.1,"
- "Marion Faller: Inquisitive Lens,"
- Songwriter's spotlight and open mic
- Dave Thurman Jam Night
- Live Music Thursdays with Ashlee Amoia
- "Talking Tea,"
- Selwyn Birchwood
- "Jerome Greenberg, Our Buffalo: a photographic retrospective of Buffalo during the 1940's and 1950's,"
- "Community: A GCC Photography Exhibit,"
- "Animal Tails: feathers, fur and more,"
- Art Exhibit
- Adventures in Buffalo History
- Whiskey Reverb
- ballroom dance classes
- SHZAM Karaoke
- After-School Escape
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!