Panel was to determine whether to charge police officer Darren Wilson in Michael Brown's death.
As Lancaster takes steps to mitigate flooding, Buffalo Creek is close to its 7-foot flood stage, as well.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Although Buffalo Public Schools reopen Tuesday, some other districts remain closed.
Officials say overnight gusts of 60 mph could knock down trees and power lines into standing water.
A thunderous boom wakes up couple, sends them racing to basement.
Latest Local News
- Buffalo School Board member urges district to expand Emerson’s successful program | 10 min ago
- Former youth football coach admits role in Buffalo cocaine ring | 25 min ago
- Buffalo man sentenced in drug case | 25 min ago
- Sex offender who violated probation goes to jail | 29 min ago
- Lockport man draws two years in prison for second drug felony | 32 min ago
- Sevenson agrees to pay $2.7 million to EPA to resolve decade-old kickback, bribery case | 35 min ago
- Postal Service begins to regroup | 46 min ago
- Art benefit for Kenyan school for AIDS orphans rescheduled to Dec. 17 and 18 | 57 min ago
- Watch the Bills game at Transit Drive-in in Lockport
- Town of Niagara man charged with machine shop burglary View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Sully: Bills must rise above Mother Nature’s haymaker
Turner Shipping via pipeline is much safer than rail
Jewell Gee Hey, world, we’re more than weather
Christmann Do’s and Don’ts for Black Friday shoppers
Pergament Dick Greene finds that now is a good time to own Timeless WECK
Dabkowski Remembering author Leslie Feinberg, chronicler of blue-collar Buffalo
Carucci Inside the NFL / By Vic Carucci: Offensive line at the heart of the Patriots’ surge
- Buffalo School Board member urges district to expand Emerson’s successful program
- Cayuga and Cazenovia creeks rise above flood stage; minor flooding forecast
- Former youth football coach admits role in Buffalo cocaine ring
- Buffalo man sentenced in drug case
- Sex offender who violated probation goes to jail View more »
- 393 Letter: It's time to put Christ back into Christmas
- 250 Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist 'felt like I was underground, buried in a casket,'
- 221 Day 3: Eight dead, roofs now collapsing
- 215 Alden couple escapes roof collapse, laments loss of family home
- 201 Schools, roads close as storm batters region overnight
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 6 p.m. today - Live coverage: Bills vs. Jets in Detroit
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Harvey and the Hurricanes with Dr. Z open blues night
- World Tavern Poker
- open blues jam
- Stitching Sisters
- Sacred Spaces
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Treasured Childhood Memories
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- alternative music
- open mic with Mike Hund
- Zoe Muth & The Lost High Rollers
- Wampum belt display
- Joe Webber
- Raul Burbano
- Paul Giallorenzo's GitGo
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Real Estate & Rentals
- Russia gets greater control over Black Sea region
- Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- Police: 1 suspect confessed to killing 5 women
- Erdogan: women are not equal to men
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon chief
- Swiss museum gets huge, priceless art trove
- Iran nuclear talks to be extended until July
- Japan's young fret as unexpected recession hits
- Mom charged with trying to kill baby left in drain
- GOP hopefuls avoid specifics in response to Obama