Pair of homeless men face charges of murder, carjacking and theft in death of Mary E. Whitaker.
Check out photographer Harry Scull Jr.'s images from Friday night's show at Darien Lake featuring Buffalo's favorite sons, the Goo Goo Dolls, and Daughtry.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Sacca's comments on teen fatally shot by officer stirs firestorm on Internet.
First phase of project will install 3,700 new green seats.
Browse through photos of the city's ballpark dating back to the start of construction in 1986.
Top financial officer hired this summer came under scrutiny for fiscal improprieties.
Latest Local News
- Bar Association rates judicial candidates
- Gov. Cuomo touts Fort Drum’s strengths in letter to top Army officials
- Time for Bills to make a point
- New service levels announced for two Metro Bus routes
- Weppner accuses Higgins of inaction on Middle East crises
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to fraudulent check scheme
- Rabies alert issued about Pendleton animal sanctuary
- Federal funds approved to strengthen Western New York bridges
- Gia Arnold back in State Senate Republican primary race after admitting to affair
- Lockport bars school buses on dead-end roads – with one exception View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Love deal is a steal for Minnesota
Harrington Top NHL prospect McDavid in town
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
- Veronica Hogle: Ragged letter recalls a bold Fenian man
- Another Voice: Teachers working hard to make proper use of data
- It seems to us: Voice on an era silenced; few partners, many guests, and Mo’ne shows them
- Letter: Criticism of radio show is unwarranted and unfair
- Letter: Vietnam troops experienced a much different Woodstock View more »
- 259 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 174 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 160 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 127 Letter: Society could do without so many guns in circulation
- 117 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Zak Brown
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Stand-up and Improv Comedy
- R&B Revue
- History and Hauntings
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- Alden Farmers' Market
- CSz After Hours
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- Fire Magick and Cyr Wheel Man
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- "The Holiday Series,"
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Russian aid trucks begin to leave Ukraine
- Hamas backs International Criminal Court bid
- Obama urges renewal of US Export-Import Bank
- Iraq investigating Sunni mosque attack
- Few details month after reporters detained in Iran
- Iraq family's flight reveals depth of Sunni grief
- Police officer accused of sex assaults on patrol
- New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?
- Gov't warns US retailers about hacking software
- Interpol seeks clues to Thai 'baby factory'