Seals Nevergold, Kapsiak vote against budget that would lay off 63 teachers.
La Nova Pizzeria, Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Quaker Steak & Lube Buffalo were among the popular wing restaurants that offered a hint of what they’ll bring to the festival Aug. 30 and 31 at Coca-Cola Field.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
‘No evidence of the cancer’ after checkup at hospital in New York City.
The current $44 million cleanup of the Buffalo River will free waterway for residents' use.
As state audit predicts city will soon run out of money, officials start pointing fingers.
Christian Gothgen had sailed since childhood and was careful on the water, his brother says.
Latest Local News
- Bills notebook: Wood-Johnson scrap enlivens practice | 8 min ago
- Camp capsule: Brooks steps in | 9 min ago
- Niagara Wheatfield kitchen staff reductions approved | 23 min ago
- Angry Lewiston residents meet with Niagara County to protest emergency radio tower | 33 min ago
- State OKs end of Newfane hospital inpatient care as of Aug. 29 | 57 min ago
- West Chippewa street woman arrested for lunging at neighbor with pocket knife
- Chautauqua County’s emergency dispatch radio system is running into delays
- Niagara Town Board sets public meeting on Military Place development
- One of two men arrested in Hertel Avenue robbery
- UB campus police to carry heroin antidote as part of state program View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Gleason Jeter ranks with sports’ top legends
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
Christmann Try-before-you-buy apps let you sample everything from makeup to furniture
- Niagara Wheatfield kitchen staff reductions approved
- Buffalo School Board approves layoffs
- Angry Lewiston residents meet with Niagara County to protest emergency radio tower
- State OKs end of Newfane hospital inpatient care as of Aug. 29
- West Chippewa street woman arrested for lunging at neighbor with pocket knife View more »
- Letter: Bon Jovi’s good works should be acknowledged
- Charles Lamb: Did you really say what I heard you say?
- Court overturns attempt to seal reports on conditions at county’s two lockups
- Another Voice: Obama, Cuomo blocking action to reduce energy bills
- Letter: Firing Higgins, Cuomo will increase student rolls View more »
- 920 Letter: Many people believe gay marriage is wrong
- 333 Letter: Lack of responsibility fuels food stamp crisis
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 136 63 Buffalo teachers told they may not have jobs
- 116 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- open mic with the Usual Suspects
- Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition
- "Through My Eyes,"
- "Deserted Rooms and White Noise,"
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- "The Holiday Series,"
- Niagara Frontier Art Exhibit
- Dale Threlkeld: End of Illusion
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex.
- Brothers of Invention
- the Strangers
- PBS coverage of 1973 standoff at Wounded Knee
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Real Estate & Rentals
- US mission to rescue hostages in Syria failed
- Holder says he understands mistrust of police
- Cleanup follows heavy storms in Phoenix area
- Beheading spurs new attacks on Islamic militants
- Embattled Sen. Begich's secret weapon: Alaska
- APNewsBreak: B ofA reaches $17B settlement with US
- Social media pushes back at militant propaganda
- Obama weighs broader move on legal immigration
- Drought has state debating its unregulated pumping
- Liberian slums barricaded as Ebola sets new record