Two went missing from Virginia, three from Massachusetts.
The fire at Norampac Industries and Greenpac Mill facilities was still smoldering today, but on Saturday, with the fire at its most intense, firefighters from 13 companies met the challenge of holding back the flames.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
DA says 16-year-old raped first victim 3 days after running away from Baker Victory Home.
Commissioner says 14 samples from Women & Children's Hospital tested positive for the virus.
Frank Aquila, 76, of Amherst, admits cheating union out of $332,500 over a five-year period.
Latest Local News
- 600-mile walk for disabled civil rights starts in Clarence | 25 min ago
- U.S. attorney to address Friday summit on preventing sexual assault | 29 min ago
- Rare French Mass to be celebrated Saturday at Riverside church | 45 min ago
- Trio of exhibits open in Buffalo Arts Studio | 49 min ago
- Oct. 15 fundraiser on tap for CHRIC | 52 min ago
- Erie County to hold two hearings on 2015 plan for older adults
- Buffalo man arraigned in May shooting death
- Little People on ballot for Toy Hall of Fame
- Elmwood Charter schedules annual fundraiser
- Two large properties being auctioned View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Sunday another reminder: Manuel has a long way to go
Jewell Gee Poverty figures put development boom in perspective
Turner GOP seeks to hobble Democrats’ best hope
Christmann Discount Diva: Sites offer savings that add up
Connors Mixed Media: Braun trying to put Unitas story on big screen
Simon Jeff Simon: CBS’ Sunday Schizophrenia returns in force tonight
Robinson Big fight brewing at NFG
- Benoit brings character to Sabres’ blue line
- Sidelines (Sept. 22): News football polls, coming attractions and more
- Tim Graham's Report Card: Pass defense gets burned
- Chargers 22, Bills 10: Ten plays that shaped game
- Bills notebook: Chargers’ Rivers takes advantage of weaknesses in secondary View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys
- King Lear
- Harvey and the Hurricanes with Dr. Z open blues night
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex.
- Treasured Childhood Memories Exhibit
- DJ Wrapid
- Treasured Childhood Memories
- open blues jam
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- MUSE National Juried Exhibit
- Find Your Voice Vocal Workshop
- "Buffalo -- Earlier Days -- Photos by Jerome Greenberg,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Sierra Leone, Liberia brace for new Ebola cases
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in intruder case
- Focus on UVa employee in student's disappearance
- Islamic State offensive poses problems for Turkey
- Islamist group kidnaps Frenchman in Algeria
- State police: 3 missing Afghan soldiers in custody
- Obama: Secret Service does a 'great job'
- Islamic State militants kill 40 Iraqi troops
- Giuliani to help fight Noriega's video game suit
- Syria vote isn't last word from Congress on war