The travel ban is still in effect in Hamburg, which is buried in snow, above.
Thruway and Routes 219 and 400 scheduled to reopen this afternoon. A man found dead in car buried in snow in Cheektowaga today and the deaths of 2 elderly people being evacuated from Garden Gate nursing home in Cheektowaga bring the death toll to 13.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Photos from around battered areas show dimension of the problem.
Incorrect number for rescheduled, relocated game was listed.
News photographer shoots video during ride with plow driver in hard-hit town.
24-hour total ending at 10 p.m. Thursday was three feet of snow near Boston, Wales Center, Hamburg
Latest Local News
- Wegmans in West Seneca reopens | 25 min ago
- Cuomo’s executive order relaxes medical regulations in storm-hit area | 42 min ago
- Banks deal with snow deposits
- Cuomo’s ‘unprecedented’ overnight stay reflected his concern
- What to name this storm?
- Overnight snow, travel bans prevent some newspaper delivery
- News staff selections: Week 12
- Food still in short supply in hard-hit areas
- In storm-impacted areas, everything’s running low except for snow
- Coming warm-up to cause flooding View the last 24 hours of updates »
Esmonde When will the Thruway smarten up?
Miers Soundcheck by Jeff Miers: Criticism of Springsteen reveals misunderstanding
Sullivan Marrone’s outdated approach undermines Bills’ potential
Singletary Six smart shopping tips for the holidays
Simon What a relief to have a TV heroine no one has to love
Kunz Goldman The holidays arrive early with cheap wines, yodeling pickles and Dickens in Kenmore
Robinson Don’t count us out, says Synacor’s boss
- Joanne Dalporto: Medical crisis puts life in proper perspective
- Another Voice: The use of fossil fuels improves our well-being
- Letter: Bob Hope did nothing to deserve new criticism
- Letter: Retail has stolen tradition of Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Letter: Insurer should not have excluded Catholic Health View more »
- Mike Nichols, celebrated director, dies at 83
- Winter storm postpones ‘The Rite of Spring’
- Babel reading, MusicalFare show canceled
- Leslie Feinberg, transgender pioneer and author, dies at 65
- A bakery in Allentown, a Black Friday opening for a coffee shop and Burmese food comes to Black Rock View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 1 p.m. today - Live chat: Sully on Sports with Jerry Sullivan
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Cold Dark Train
- Fallsview Casino's Christmas On Ice
- Steve Miller Band
- Bobby Hendricks' Drifters
- Hollywood Logan's Legendary Drifters
- POSTPONED: The Rite of Spring
- Jackie Jocko
- Alfie Allessandra
- Five to One
- Five to One
- Tom Hastings
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- The Secret Garden
- Niagara Frontier Folk Dance International
- Best Sellers
- Ain't Misbehavin'
- Karaoke With Justin
- the Jazz Example
- karaoke with Just Mo' Music
- belly dancing show
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Bandits in Guinea steal suspected Ebola blood
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on immigration
- As snow ends, roof collapses, floods are concerns
- Biden calls on Russia to uphold east Ukraine truce
- Kerry, Zarif leave nuclear talks, returns unclear
- Grocery chain's Christmas ad stirs tears, outrage
- Japan's lower house dissolved for early election
- Raiders snap 16-game skid with 24-20 win vs. KC
- Peterson says 'fresh start' might be best
- US, Turkey still not in sync on Syria