News conference is set for before tonight's game against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Jonathan Conkin, 43, and Charles Sanford, 30, have been charged in Erie, Pa., in the death of Mary E. Whitaker, who was described by friends as a woman who stood up for what she believed in.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Buffalo's Imagine Staffing Technology comes in at No. 409.
Candidate, 24, had admitted infidelity, suspended campaign for Maziarz seat.
Church known for picketing soldiers' funerals targets Goos as 'band formed in filthy Buffalo N.Y.'
Latest Local News
- Chautauqua seeing increase in babies born addicted to drugs | 7 min ago
- Jell-O sales on a slippery slope | 39 min ago
- Weppner blasts Higgins over inaction on Middle East issues | 45 min ago
- Alden highway superintendent charged with trespassing | 54 min ago
- Hochul brings her campaign to Fredonia festival
- Five Star Bank parent replaces chief risk officer
- Wall Street: S&P 500 fluctuates near record this afternoon
- Two men in custody in slaying of Chautauqua violinist
- State police seize 114 marijuana plants in Allegany County
- Fellow musicians recall slain violinist as kindhearted, gracious View the last 24 hours of updates »
Gleason Love deal is a steal for Minnesota
Harrington Top NHL prospect McDavid in town
Miers 45 years after Woodstock, the summer festival scene is on the right track
Pergament Changes on ‘Meet the Press’ are not just a case of viewers missing Tim Russert
Kunz Goldman Perks and port-o-potties, Amish at Amvets, and recalling a kiss from James Brown
Simon A cub reporter was News’ second choice to cover Woodstock
Turner Goodell’s order reflects delicacy of NFL stance
- Letter: Conservatives are not perfect
- Letter: Blame for trucker shortage rests with stingy carriers
- Letter: Fair was less accessible for seniors, handicapped
- The Rev. Charles A. Deacon: Talking about sports helped pave way in life
- Another Voice: Haiti still needs help rebuilding after earthquake View more »
- Westboro Baptist Church to picket Goos’ Kansas City show
- Tweedy, Spalding among fall concert announcements
- Farrell Four: Hey Mavis, Fully Clothed Gents, Blueshift, Beoga
- Torn Space takes theatergoers into Silo City’s American Warehouse
- Lockport attraction hopes to benefit from ‘Sharknado’ fame View more »
- 216 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 172 Nation must find a way to bridge the racial divide exposed by Ferguson protests
- 159 Buffalo School Board votes, 6-2, to approve layoffs of 63 teachers
- 152Jim Kelly, Jon Bon Jovi have discussed joining forces to buy the Bills
- 117 Jim Kelly decides against partnering with Bon Jovi in attempt to buy the Bills
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Martina McBride
- Hey Mavis
- Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry
- Los Lobos
- Air Supply
- Jackie Jocko
- Alfie Allessandra
- Tom Hastings
- King Lear
- DJ Brandon Chase
- live music
- Boneshakers Blues Band
- karaoke hosted by DeeJay Segay
- live music
- Buffalo ComedySportz
- History and Hauntings
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Akron Community Band
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?
- Mosque attack kills 64 in Iraq, Sunnis halt talks
- West condemns Russia over convoy to Ukraine
- Hamas kills 18 suspected informers to deter leaks
- Oklahoma officer accused in 6 sexual assaults
- Ebola spreads in Nigeria; Liberia has 1,000 deaths
- Islamic State backers under scrutiny in US
- UN: death toll from Syrian civil war tops 191,000
- NATO criticizes Russian convoy sent into Ukraine
- Ice bucket challenge may change nonprofit world