Workers assembling enormous 330 foot crane to take down 300-foot crane.
The number of 25- to 34-year-olds with bachelor’s degrees in the Buffalo Niagara region grew by a third between 2000 and 2012, even as overall population shrank.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
From BN Chronicles: Before the Bills could come to Buffalo, they needed a place to play.
Ex-Riverside High star Clifford R. Robinson faces multiple charges after being stopped on Route 400.
Co-founder of #BillsMafia went right to work on his Vine video after Bills 17-16 win.
Latest Local News
- Threat to school building on social media prompts response in Ken-Ton District | 3 min ago
- ConAgra layoffs spur ‘Feed Fredonia’ campaign | 4 min ago
- Hill Street teen arrested for loaded shotgun | 10 min ago
- Niagara County Legislature committee balks at Ulrich deal for voting machine storage | 14 min ago
- State Senate slugfest in 60th District attracts big money from teachers, environmentalists | 15 min ago
- Robertson raps Reed again over law practice | 19 min ago
- License plate number leads to guilty plea in two armed robberies | 26 min ago
- Wilson father and son placed on probation in stolen gun case | 45 min ago
- Falls woman accused of assaulting nurse | 45 min ago
- Judge mulls sentence for Lackawanna drug dealer | 45 min ago View the last 24 hours of updates »
Simon Broadcasting legend ‘Uncle Van’ is still the picture of joy
Sullivan After gem of a win, Marrone sees the flaws
Jewell Gee Cheerleader Barbie or astronaut Barbie? Women must speak up for equal pay
Christmann Fall fun festivities for free
Gleason Bills may be in position to change karma
Turner Self-righteous officials in Houston trying to bully churches
Esmonde A plea to Bills fans: Ease up on the alcohol
- A new demographic is revitalizing Buffalo neighborhoods
- Threat to school building on social media prompts response in Ken-Ton District
- ConAgra layoffs spur ‘Feed Fredonia’ campaign
- Hill Street teen arrested for loaded shotgun
- Niagara County Legislature committee balks at Ulrich deal for voting machine storage View more »
- Bucky Gleason: Brown will get opportunity to shine for Bills
- Behind the Vine: Story of Sunday’s viral Uncle Rico/Kyle Orton clip
- High School scoreboard (Oct. 20): Section VI football schedule
- Vikings’ pressure frustrates Bills
- Sidelines (Oct. 20): News football polls, coming attractions and more View more »
- Unifrax and others get low cost power and grants
- Perez pushes ‘shared prosperity’ while avoiding speculation on post of attorney general
- U.S. stocks rebound from selloff as S&P 500 climbs for third day
- Happy holidays in Apple forecast as sales are expected to rise 10%
- Retiring from business you own poses challenge View more »
- Crematory simply isn’t appropriate in a densely populated neighborhood
- Another Voice: Peace Bridge is an enduring symbol of friendship and economic ties
- Letter: Reed has not worked for the interests of voters
- Letter: We need to pay our respects to the Greatest Generation
- Letter: Teach students responsibility, not proper use of condoms View more »
- 400 Letter: SAFE Act does not prevent citizens from owning guns
- 371 Voter restrictions are shameful attempts at limiting turnout
- 283 Backlash growing to plans for charter schools to take over struggling city schools
- 189 Letter: Toles cartoon misrepresents Obamacare as a 'big success'
- 151Store's 'Wide Right' artwork angers fans
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday - Live chat & updates: Gubernatorial debate
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Hot Jam Factory
- open blues jam
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Harvey and the Hurricanes with Dr. Z open blues night
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Treasured Childhood Memories
- Adult Watercolor Classes
- "Canals and Early Railroads: Collaboration and Competition"
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex.
- Iceland 2014
- "Buffalo -- Earlier Days -- Photos by Jerome Greenberg,"
- Vegan Potluck
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
- alternative music
- open mic with Mike Hund
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away
- CDC releases revised Ebola gear guidelines
- NBC's Snyderman faces credibility issues
- Police: Indiana suspect hints at more killings
- Ebola: Keeping patients alive as body fights back
- Suspected Indiana serial killer charged in 1 death
- Turkey says it helps Kurdish fighters enter Syria
- Nothing like a day at home for unpopular president
- Warming Earth heading for hottest year on record
- Submarine hunt sends Cold War chill across Baltic