DA says plea deal is on the table.
Delays at international crossings have grown longer and more frequent this summer, and this weekend’s waits should be no exception.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Blasdell fire chief says electrical problem likely sparked warehouse fire.
Results will determine if more treatment is necessary to fight his oral cancer.
Paper prefers 'independent-minded' Wu over Cuomo's running mate.
Assessed value of Buffalo's tallest building slashed to $22 million.
Latest Local News
- Trees to stay, at least for now, at Niagara development | 7 min ago
- Eden hoping to reduce speed limit on Schoolvew Road | 18 min ago
- Coptic church festival offers taste of Egyptian cuisine
- Buffalo’s ‘Scarface’ musical returns to MusicalFare Cabaret
- Summer's final fling
- District gets more time for Bennett reform plan | 6 min ago
- Bills’ first unit may get a workout in last preseason game
- Fredonian getting highest honor for Civil War service
- County acts quickly to call for repairs on Four Rod Rd.
- Buffalo man sentenced to 9 years for role in kidnapping, robbery View the last 24 hours of updates »
Sullivan Palmer’s debut should be fun-filled finale
Watson A moral tone will be heard primary day
Gleason Goodwin’s tweet shows how clueless he is
Harrington Bisons showed their mettle despite disappointing ending
Connors Sports books that made their impact on readers
Pergament Meyers among many winners at the Emmys
Turner Rioting in Ferguson teaches the wrong lesson
- One Seneca Tower now worth a quarter of its sale price
- Web article sends stock on 22nd Century Group down 15%
- The recent stock market rally loses momentum, but S&P stays above 2,000
- GM to move Cadillac SRX production from Mexico to Spring Hill, Tenn., plant
- Tonawanda Coke settles OSHA case tied to plant explosion View more »
- Howard R. Wolf: Some idle thoughts while sitting on a summer day
- Letter: Murderers of two victims deserve harshest punishment
- Letter: Shooting dog demonstrates need for stricter guidelines
- Letter: Thompson does not deserve another bite at the apple
- Letter: Flawed redistricting panel leaves legislators in charge View more »
- 442 Letter: Gay marriage is not wrong, contrary to writer's opinion
- 225 What's wrong with the Ralph? By NFL standards, plenty
- 171 Letter: Obama's incompetency had been foreshadowed
- 148 Falls, outer harbor not among finalists for site of new Bills stadium
- 121 Ciminelli unveils plan for housing development at Central Park Plaza site
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Jackie Jocko
- King Lear
- Patti Parks Band
- SHZAM Karaoke
- Mike and Alison of Widow Maker open mic
- Karaoke with Rob D Entertainment
- Tom Bender Flying Solo
- Wellness Walks at Tifft
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Angelica Cruise Night
- Civiletto Sings Sinatra
- Toothless Flamingo
- Billy McEwen and the Soul Invaders
- Downtown Country Market
- live music
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Bike Night
- Photographs by Michael Mulley
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Ukraine, NATO, US: Russian forces inside Ukraine
- Tim Hortons a big part of Canadian identity
- Shaun the shaggy Aussie sheep finally shorn smooth
- Israelis skeptical of PM's Gaza victory claim
- Gun tourism grows in popularity in recent years
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- A flavor out of favor: Dog meat fades in S. Korea
- Poll: Parents uncomfortable with youth football
- White House preps legal case for immigration steps