Federal government rejects all but $30 million in funding from clean water state money.
Project to be constructed in front of the water mill is the latest development in Williamsville’s efforts to create a secondary business district around the structure on Spring Street.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
11-year-old takes aim at governor for doctored family image being used in TV ad over weekend.
Say method of funding disproportionately affects low-income students, violates state Constitution.
Lost her balance when she was standing on the loading platform.
Planned replica of 1893 theater is stirring debate on how to update the National Historic Landmark.
Latest Local News
- Local economy shows slow growth
- GM planning to add 750 workers amid demand for small pickups | 9 min ago
- Women & Children’s Hospital opens overflow unit to handle high number of children with respiratory illness | 10 min ago
- Jam in the Village brings bands to Hamburg | 23 min ago
- Panel given update on Dunkirk summer programming | 50 min ago
- Free admission to area museums Sept. 27 | 51 min ago
- Cuban couple settles discrimination suit against Hispanics United
- Fifth DWI conviction sends Buffalo man to prison
- Buffalo woman gets 19 years in fatal stabbing
- Nurses at ECMC agree on new, 7-year contract View the last 24 hours of updates »
Miers Robert Plant’s latest offers a lesson on aging with grace and dignity in musi
Simon This Fall TV’s redheaded league begins tomorrow night
Esmonde Methadone clinic presents new battle for West Siders
Kunz Goldman The mystery of Bourbon and Butter, a beery souvenir of Scare-a-Con, and the everlasting Buffalo gabfest
Sullivan Bills players tap in to fans’ high voltage
Christmann Use clutter to do good and cut taxes
Gleason For Corey Graham, ‘a dream come true’
- Woman rescued from Metro Rail track at Allen Street station
- Women & Children’s Hospital opens overflow unit to handle high number of children with respiratory illness
- Possibility of Thruway toll increase emerges after rejection of bridge funding
- Williamsville gets $250,000 for plaza at historic water mill
- Jam in the Village brings bands to Hamburg View more »
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Food stamp use, hospital costs, WNY CEO pay, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Joe Donohue's Bathtub Gin followed by the Stripteasers
- Alfie Allessandra
- King Lear
- Civiletto Sings Sinatra
- Joseph Michael Mahfoud Band
- open mic TuTuTuesday
- Alternative Transmission
- open mic/jam
- open mic hosted by Doc Stuart
- Dustin Francis of Black Widow acoustic
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul
- Twang Gang
- John Culliton Mahoney
- Busted Stuff
- Rust Belt Comedy Presents: Setlists Against Humanity
- Charlie the Butcher and DJ Wrapid
- Downtown Country Market
- Niagara County Historical Society
- DJ Trivia
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump Plaza closes
- NASA picks Boeing and SpaceX to ferry astronauts
- Top general: US ground troops possible in Iraq
- Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to global security
- Mexico airlifts tourists after Hurricane Odile
- Lumber town takes stock after wind-driven wildfire
- Minneapolis-St. Paul 1 site of anti-terror program
- Belgium grants jailed rapist, murderer euthanasia
- Al-Qaida's heirs thrive in Mideast, Africa chaos
- Criticism mounting for Vikings, Adrian Peterson