Evans Police seeking identity of owner who left puppy alone on the side of the road.
Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world's most beloved statesmen and a colossus of the 20th century when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died. He was 95.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Workers seek to boost minimum wage from $7.25 per hour, or $15,000 a year, to $15 per hour.
Animal rights group embarking on courtroom crusade to give chimps legal personhood status.
Mike Harrington's list of the players who have had the biggest offensive woes this season.
Man, 62, said he could not avoid collision that claimed life of W. Seneca Democratic chairman.
Latest Local News
- $25 million townhome complex planned for Lancaster | 5 min ago
- Sanborn man arrested for March store robbery through DNA tests | 9 min ago
- Two drivers injured in Town of Ellery head-on crash | 26 min ago
- Choking incident in Silver Creek | 36 min ago
- Town of Tonawanda police warn of Craigslist armed robberies | 40 min ago
- Reform-talking governor headed to next big-money fundraiser | 55 min ago
- SBA loan program still lagging from shutdown
- Injured driver's friends have beef with restaurant
- Buffalo Common Council eyes funding to keep Market Arcade open
- State hearing on medical marijuana opens with mother’s testimony View the last 24 hours of updates »
Esmonde Principal right to ban the cupcake
Miers Are increasingly common VIP ticket experiences ripping off music lovers?
Sullivan Hurting Gilmore becomes a target
Watson If they build it, prosperity has a chance
Gleason It’s time for the light to go on for Stafford
Pergament On second thought, Demler decides Toronto mayor is not such a sweetheart
Vogl Olympics ultimate road trip for Miller
- Listening Post: Keith Jarrett, Zoot Sims, George Antheil and the Community Music School
- Theatre of Youth alums to showcase new work at Alleyway Theatre
- Holiday theater productions abound this weekend
- The award-winning Jasper String Quartet heading to Kleinhans
- Benjaman Gallery digs deep into its collection for an ‘Exhibition of Everything’ View more »
- 150Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 125 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 124 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 99Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph
- 94 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
- 9 a.m. Friday - Live chat: inside the NFL with Mark Gaughan
- 12 p.m. Friday - Live chat: Miers on Music with Jeff Miers
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Sha Na Na Rockin' Christmas Tour
- Miss Tess & the Talkbacks
- Cold Turkey
- A Christmas Carol
- Davey O
- La Gringa
- The Philadelphia Story
- Serendipity Swing
- Chris Maloney
- "A Winter's Fest Eve,"
- You Can't Get a Decent Margarita at the North Pole
- blues night with Anita West and Dive House Union
- HomeCare & Hospice Tree of Life
- acoustic duo with John Brady and Rick Nicotra
- A Christmas Carol
- Tom Kolor, percussion
- "On the Edge" class performance
- classic country with the Lunch Bunch
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Thursday night jams with Chuck DeRose
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!