Called commission an 'overwhelming success' in appearance at UB today.
In case you missed it: In the past five years, a News analysis found, 30 different investors and developers bought or renovated more than 100 largely vacant or run-down commercial properties outside campus boundaries.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Private health insurance exchange company is backed by state's Start-Up NY program.
A look at how the threat to relocate is used to leverage public funds.
Will serve "more Americana type food" in Lackawanna with Brick Oven Bistro owners as partners.
Fredonia man found guilty of first-degree manslaughter in fatal beating of 81-year-old neighbor.
Latest Local News
- Time Warner Cable hiring for support positions | 35 min ago
- U.S. stocks up slightly in midday trading
- Buffalo man sentenced to long prison term for 2012 drive-by shooting
- Photo gallery: New Catholic Health building
- Walsh Duffield buys Rochester insurance agency
- Catholic Health begins move to new headquarters
- Kendall teen in guarded condition after crashing pickup
- Three bicycles stolen from fenced-in yard in Falls
- Tip leads police to arrest Falls man on gun charge
- Woman, 21, found asleep at wheel in Falls is arrested View the last 24 hours of updates »
Simon The punishing world of ‘Big Brother’ in prime time and off-camera at local news
Turner Obama won’t give up fight over contraceptives
Jewell Gee Compassion and courage are his legacy
Gleason Baseball Hall of Fame worthiness is an easy call
Dabkowski Buffalo artist’s two-week trip along Erie Canal highlights environmental abuse
Pergament Removal of news director brings renewed uncertainty to Channel 4
- Ferry will be an appropriate link between the inner and outer harbors
- Roswell Park Alliance was born out of tragedy
- Stand firm on air safety Foolhardy FAA again seems willing to weaken vital pilot training rules
- Nature Watch: Photographer captures remarkable images of wildlife
- Another Voice: Recent malpractice verdict is a shot across the medical profession’s bow View more »
- Five opera scenes come alive on Cadenza stage
- Free lunchtime event series boasts comedy, music
- Listening Post: Somi ‘The Lagos Music Station’
- The Fray entertains Gratwick Park crowd with high-energy set, frontman’s gymnastics
- Eras of Great American Songbook ably represented by Rice, trio View more »
- 185 Letter: Obama critics may not like the president's origins
- 132 Dungy wrongly vilified
- 118 As nation's attitudes continue to evolve, anti-gay bias should not be allowed
- 109 New School Board majority reaches out to restore ties to stakeholders
- 90Proposed ferry service would link Buffalo's Canalside to outer harbor
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Liz Longley
- King Lear
- open blues jam
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Harvey and the Hurricanes with Dr. Z open blues night
- Dan Sturner duo with Lynne Fredericks
- Field Ecology Adventures
- David H. Brown
- Niagara County Historical Society
- "Mummies of the World: The Exhibition,"
- "This Beautiful Journey,"
- live music
- "In Jest" Comedy Variety Show with Nels Ross
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Buffalo Pub Poker
- Niagara University Repetory Theatre storytelling troupe.
- Joe's Jam
- "Between Two Worlds: Poured Paperworks,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
- Israeli PM speaks of 'prolonged' campaign in Gaza
- Trial begins in case over Oklahoma City bombing
- Medicare hospital fund to last 4 years longer
- In Iraq's Mosul, radicals unleash their vision
- Clinton: US needs orderly process for border kids
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- US fuming over Israeli criticism of Kerry
- UN rights chief: Flight 17 possible war crime