Premilinary bids were due at Morgan Standley investment bank at 5 p.m.
$2.8 million purchase adds to previous 88 acres purchased in May for $2.5 million. The city had acquired the brownfield property in 2008 for $4.6 million.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Hall of Famer joining Ted Nolan's coaching staff.
Admits 'I like buying things,' but adds that chances of winning bid are 'very, very unlikely.'
Want grilled Italian and chicken sausages or andouille and chorizo po-boys? They'll be on wheels.
Taylor brings show, dubbed 'pure perfection' by one critic, to First Niagara Center.
Latest Local News
- Wegmans giving makeovers to two area stores | 11 min ago
- Young urban entrepreneurs land a deal with clothing retailer | 16 min ago
- New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy | 37 min ago
- Plans for 7 soccer fields in Olean face setback | 47 min ago
- Tax preparer admits cheating Burmese clients, IRS | 48 min ago
- Coming Up
- Comptroller reprimands Wilson for highway purchasing practices
- Dog adoption opportunity at NT supermarket
- Fire at old Salamanca train depot burning late in afternoon
- Buffalo man succeeds, Falls man fails in drug diversion View the last 24 hours of updates »
Robinson New start-up aims to put Buffalo-made tablets in hands of world’s needy
Kunz Goldman Loose-lipped bartenders, the stowaway cat, and a game show where you win peanuts
Pergament A Buffalo-tinged ‘Sharknado 2’ is stupid, silly fun
Christmann Time to start planning for Christmas in July
Simon The punishing world of ‘Big Brother’ in prime time and off-camera at local news
Turner Obama won’t give up fight over contraceptives
Jewell Gee Compassion and courage are his legacy
- Another Voice: Proposed methadone clinic can serve West Side safely and effectively
- Penalty to General Motors should be severe for leaving its customers and others exposed to grave risk
- Larry Schiro: Students gave me more than they know
- Letter: Naming cemetery for hero is nice, but it’s not enough
- Letter: Cuomo needs to allow medical marijuana now View more »
- 225 Letter: Obama critics may not like the president's origins
- 146 Dungy wrongly vilified
- 125 As nation's attitudes continue to evolve, anti-gay bias should not be allowed
- 110 Letter: Treatment of Palestinians has been grossly unfair
- 109 New School Board majority reaches out to restore ties to stakeholders
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
DataBuff: Searchable databases
The latest: Sabres draft history, WNY CEO pay, local fireworks displays, crime clearance rates and arts funding
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- James Taylor and his All-Star Band
- Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival
- Sammy Hagar
- Morning Arms
- Ingrid Michaelson
- Joe Donohue's Bathtub Gin followed by the Stripteasers
- King Lear
- Alfie Allessandra
- Joseph Michael Mahfoud Band
- Dustin Francis of Black Widow acoustic
- Civiletto Sings Sinatra
- Twang Gang
- John Culliton Mahoney
- open mic TuTuTuesday
- Mike DiSanto's Verse presents Neo Soul
- open mic/jam
- open mic hosted by Doc Stuart
- Alternative Transmission
- Field Ecology Adventures
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!
- Home Improvement & Gardening
- Jury awards Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
- Poll: Immigration concerns rise with tide of kids
- US appeals court blocks Mississippi abortion law
- US, Europe impose tough new sanctions on Russia
- Senate bill would end NSA phone records collection
- AP PHOTOS: Building boom in N. Dakota's oil patch
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt collectors
- Highway, bridge money at risk: Senate to vote
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Appeals court upholds labels on meat packages