Winter storm watch issued by National Weather Service calls for snow, wind, frigid temperatures.
Administrative Law Judge Glenn E. Murray said he decided to revoke Gabriele P. Ballowe’s license because she failed to report the accident and “to exercise due care for a pedestrian” when her vehicle struck and fatally injured Barry T. Moss.Read more »
A quick look at what's happening now
Caught off-guard when play quickly switches gears.
18-year-old hit in arm while walking near home.
Accused of stealing money, items from woman's disabled car after offering help.
One of the three found in Niagara Falls in the fall has been ordered back to Afghanistan.
Latest Local News
- High-powered rifles stolen from Marine Drive apartment
- OTB bettor loses keys and car
- Classic cars reported stolen from Broadway garage
- Kitchen grease fire spreads, destroys Fruit Belt home
- ECMC credited with reducing infections
- Canucks beat Sabres, 5-2
- Polian awaiting word on call to Canton
- Bettman doesn’t see any tanking by teams
- Final edition for an area icon
- East Side project taking shape View the last 24 hours of updates »
Pergament A sweet, touching home run of a finale for ‘Parenthood’
Street The offbeat side of the news
Sullivan Rex spreads the word in Phoenix
Watson Public needs to take back campaigns
Miers Five things every Buffalo music lover should do once
Jewell Gee Ask Pontiac about effect of dead stadium
Turner Sharpton’s legacy is nothing to be proud of
- Graham Corp.’s profits soar
- Shake Shack jumps in debut after raising $105 million in IPO
- Markets fall as GDP slowdown overshadows energy rebound sparked by crude price surge
- Advertisers pull out all the stops on their Super Bowl commercials
- National Fuel first-quarter profits rise 3 percent View more »
- It seems to us: Marshawn does it his way, goodbye to airborne kitsch and Mitt shows some consideration
- Another Voice: State and national focus on women’s issues is good news for all
- Letter: Proposed legislation will militarize borders
- Letter: Poor leadership created many of district’s problems
- Peg Cushman: Cancer diagnosis puts our lives in perspective View more »
- Wayne Brady uses the power of words to hilarious effect
- Alan Parsons, BPO mesh in dazzling show
- BPO’s 2015-16 schedule / Celebrating Kleinhans 75th anniversary
- Kleinhans anniversary inspires bigness and brightness in BPO’s 2015-16 season
- ‘Almanac’ lets teens time travel, with predictable consequences View more »
- 388 Letter: Republicans don't want to help the middle class
- 256 Two ask Pope Francis to investigate how Buffalo diocese handled sex abuse claims
- 236 Poll: Majority favors downtown stadium for Bills
- 208 Letter: Terrorists aren't afraid of civilians bearing arms
- 207 Letter: Citizens United ruling hurts democratic system
The Buffalo News
The Buffalo News is Western New York's No.1 news source, providing in-depth, up-to the minute news in print and online. The Buffalo News online brings you breaking news updates, plus the latest in local news, sports, business, politics, opinion and arts and entertainment from around Buffalo and Western New York.
Order the "Wall of Snow" book
A hardcover pictorial that captures unprecedented lake-effect snowstorm of November 2014.
View a digital replica of today's paper on your tablet, laptop or mobile device.View now »
- Fleetwood Mac
- Wayne Brady
- open house
- Chestnut Ridge Park
- Chestnut Ridge Park
- Jackie Jocko
- DJ Scott Down, DJ Milk, Charlie the Butcher and DJ Cochise playing Hip Hop and party music
- DJ Moe
- Exit Ritual : A Night of IDM, Dark Ambient, Death Industrial, Glitch & Rhythmic Noise
- Snowshoe rental
- Boneshakers Blues Band
- A Taste of the Niagara Region
- Sol Y Sombra
- Blues Crew matinee pro-jam
- karaoke at Echo
- "Marion Faller: Inquisitive Lens,"
- "Protista Imperialis v2.1,"
- "Talking Tea,"
- CSz After Hours @ The Arena
- Jonny Craig
- Classic Vinyl DJ
- Harvey and the Hurricanes with Dr. Z open blues night
- Stitching Sisters
- Snowshoe Rentals
- "Jerome Greenberg, Our Buffalo: a photographic retrospective of Buffalo during the 1940's and 1950's,"
- "Animal Tails: feathers, fur and more,"
- open mic with Mike Hund
- "Indian Summer Memories,"
Watch the latest offers, products and services from our advertisers.
It's the ultimate advantage for Buffalo consumers. Never miss another ad again!
Buffalo coupons at your fingertips.
Just click and print. It's Easy!